Missing my "old me"

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Julia. I am trying to get on the right track and get my health better. I have been over weight for the past 6 years and I've been getting more depressed each year. I miss the old me when I was healthy, active and had the energy! I have zero energy anymore. So far I've had two days in a row of eating right and I am hopeful of staying motivated. Can't wait until I've achieved my goal. If there are any helpful tips/recipes please send them my way.
-Julia

Replies

• Tami_H
    Tami_H Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I can relate. Welcome - you are in the right place for support and motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am here everyday.
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I am here everyday too :)
  • nunofbarata
    nunofbarata Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia!

I am also starting a new lifestyle so have strenght and just do it! :)
  • Nikkelly72
    Nikkelly72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! Definitely can relate...
  • jlozier91
    jlozier91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I could use all the support I can get. Greatly appreciated.
  • pwh300
    pwh300 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can relate too...you can add me if you want.
  • jlozier91
    Options
    I have added you all :)
  • Tonibadr
    Tonibadr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia ! I know what you mean about being depressed with the weight gain ! I quit smoking 13 months ago and gained 45 lbs I don't eat junk food and I don't eat a lot :-( I cry a lot because I've never been so big .. I just don't what kind of foods to cook that are low calorie and low carb , I need help :-(
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, Julia and everyone. Julia, you asked for recipes. Here's one of my favorite lunches, which I have 2 or 3 days a week. Salad with half a cup of greens (I use a mix of baby spinach and arugula), 3/4 cup of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (you could boil them for a minute or two if you want, but I just throw them in frozen in the morning and they're thawed by the time I'm ready to eat the salad), 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed (same about boiling if you want). To this I add 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese, 1/4 cup cooked quinoa, and 1/4 cup canned salmon (you could use tuna if you don't like canned salmon). Add one third to one half of a tomato, chopped, and a few shakes of red wine vinegar, and you're good to go. About 280 calories, 31 grams of protein, very filling (a lot of chewing) and no chopping except for the tomato. (Though it is a lot of measuring.) Between the cottage cheese, salmon and vinegar, I don't miss salad dressing at all, and the salad doesn't get soggy. I sometimes round this out with three low-salt Triscuits or a half slice of Ezekiel bread. Good luck all!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • shamrockshumway
    shamrockshumway Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • jlozier91
    Options
    Thank you all. If you need support I am here for you also :)