Yes to a bridesmaids dress

Options
back in March I said yes to a dress that I no longer fit into...I'm a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding and we had to order our dresses for her wedding in August...I fit into a size 8 when I ordered it...I now fit into a size 12

Replies

• so_molly1
    so_molly1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel ...I have been there but no fear darlin' you have lots of time :) I have found for myself that exercise has been the key to my lbs lost since starting...I highly recommend Shaun Ts Rockin Body ...wow it's a workout but fun! If you are not quite ready for something that intense then one I started with after I had my strokes was BOOTY SLIDE 4 dvd workots ZERO IMPACT workout , each dvd is about 20 minutes long and the results are awesome ...and I was able to do it after my serious health issues - take it at your own pace VERY easy to do and the fact of zero impact it was a fabulous starter for me . I started at 158lbs and I am now 137 lbs...as far as diet lots of water , I also love using Slimfast for breakfast as well - giving me all the vitamins I need and so much better than skipping a well balanced diet is key as well :) and there is nothing wrong with grabbing some SPANX for the extra help ;) If you need support please add me as a friend :) Positive thinking and this site and friends for support you will rock that dress doll ;) Cheers
  • so_molly1
    so_molly1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got my Booty Slide from ebay for $9.99 !!!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    alicia7693 wrote: »
    back in March I said yes to a dress that I no longer fit into...I'm a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding and we had to order our dresses for her wedding in August...I fit into a size 8 when I ordered it...I now fit into a size 12

Are you able to get it to a tailor to see how far it can be let out? Seconding Spanx as well. If you haven't already, see what a seamstress can do.
  • alicia7693
    alicia7693 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There are pleats in the bodice of the dress that make it expensive and hard to tailor, I already spent $200 on the dress, the quote I was given was close to $100. I don't want to spend another $100 I'm only going to wear once
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    There are pleats in the bodice of the dress that make it expensive and hard to tailor, I already spent $200 on the dress, the quote I was given was close to $100. I don't want to spend another $100 I'm only going to wear once

You may not be able to lose enough weight healthfully to go down 2 dress sizes, though, in such a short span of time.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    You should be able to get close, though. Lose 8 lbs, then get a corset. A REAL one. It will totally fit then. LOL.
  • alicia7693
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I was thinking of getting some type of waist cincher/girdle/spanxs or something along those lines. That is something I know I will use again and don't have a problem spending money on
  • alicia7693
    Options
    Lines
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    I was thinking of getting some type of waist cincher/girdle/spanxs or something along those

This. I have heard wonderful things about Spanx, and that could probably help you drastically in this scenario. What I would recommend is trying out a deficit for the next month to month and a half, and see where you end up in mid to late July.