Best Fitness Smart band?

Options
I have been going back and forth between the fitbit charge and the Microsoft band.

Any suggestions? :D

Replies

• OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Check out the Garmin Vivoactive.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I have a Microsoft Band. I can answer any questions you might have about that one.

Pros:
    • Good sensor package: heart rate, accellerometer, GPS, UV, galvanic skin response
    • Works with all platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
    • Tiles for Run/walk, biking, sleep monitoring, guided workout activities
    • Gives other smartwatch type functions, (messaging, email preview, incoming call notice, etc)
    • Cortana integration if you have Windows Phone
    • Step counting seems generally pretty accurate
    • Battery life is pretty good, typically ~1.5 days when wearing around, less when using GPS activities
    • Really good dashboard apps & website

Cons:
    • Not the most stylish device, definitely first generation
    • It's a bit bulky, definitely try one on at the store to get the right size. For me, it felt ok after wearing it a day or two, but I might take it off when at the desk working.
    • The screen orientation on the wrist is awkward
    • Calorie estimates for tracked walks have seemed highly inflated for me. I've put questions on MS's forums about that. It might be how it factors HR into the estimate.
    • MFP integration does work, but it doesn't support negative adjustments
  • bstover217
    bstover217 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've got a vivosmart and love it. Battery lasts about a week and it does everything I need. It automatically syncs up to mfp and tracks sleep patterns as well.
  • lindathom209
    lindathom209 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge Hr. I LOVE it. It tracks steps, stairs, sleep and heart rate. It also syncs to MFP
  • getlessheavy
    getlessheavy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit surge - it is awesome!
  • AlyssaPGoodiwn
    AlyssaPGoodiwn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I will have to check out the suggestions! I would like mainly for it to be able to plug into MFP :D

@bpetrosky
    I liked the ability to do so many other things VS. the Fitbit HR
    But I also heard stuff about inaccuracy. But i have heard that about almost every one of them.

And doesnt support negative adjustments? What does that mean?
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    And doesnt support negative adjustments? What does that mean?

Lets say that your MFP profile is set to lightly active. But then you have a lazy day and don't do much. Normally, your band reports the lower calorie burn to MFP, and MFP reduces your allowable calories for the day accordingly.

If the band doesn't support negative adjustments, MFP will continue to base your allowable calories for the day on the assumption that you're lightly active that day...

• AlyssaPGoodiwn
    AlyssaPGoodiwn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well i guess that could motivate you to be more active? haha. Thanks for the description!
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Surge, I find the App / Social side of it is great and motivating.
    I often forget i'm wearing it despite it's "bulky" size, its no worse than any other smartwatch nowa days.
    I also love the touchscreen swipe element to see my stats rather than having to press a button each time.
    The Exercise Tracking is great, I try to walk at lunches if i do not go to the gym, and I can track my walk with GPS, in the Gym i can try my HR whilst doing weights etc.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Fitbit Charge HR, I've only been using it a couple of days but it syncs automatically and monitors calories pretty accurately :)
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I've only had it for a week or so, but I'm really happy with the Withings Pulse Ox.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have the apple watch and love it for its fitness aspects, but I understand it might be out of some peoples price range. Especially if all they want is a fitness band first and foremost.

I've had a couple fitbits and just loved them. They were hugely motivational and the new ones are even better with heart rate sensors and nicer screens.