What should I get at dinner??

2»

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Heydew wrote: »
    There usually is a hidden grilled chicken dish that's always super tasty. I went last night and this particular restaurant had a "light" menu. Grilled chicken zucchini and onions with a little pico! It was delicious and I only ate one of the two chicken breast!
    good call! ordering OFF menu!
    Yeah.... No. Don't go to a restaurant and order something that is not on the menu (which was not what they said-they said they ordered from the "light" section of the menu".
  • kskinnyperfect
    kskinnyperfect Posts: 28 Member
    Just eat what you want. Tomorrow a new day.

Its not like you eat everyday out isn't it?

Just enjoy it.

(lol i had to fly to LA yesterday...add what was on hand, what i wanted and the total was 5100 calories) And i didn't gain one ounce!! Not even holding water. And i regret nothing enjoyed the hell out of it) The earth wont stop turning when you eat what you like you know.

As long as you dont do this regular because then it indeed will affect your weight loss journey.

I specifically said please don't say this lol. But thanks.
  • kskinnyperfect
    kskinnyperfect Posts: 28 Member
    And I went with a taco salad without dressing - thanks for all the helpful replies !
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Lots of great ideas!

(OP, I also wouldn't want to hear "just eat!" Maybe you want to save those calories for something else this week?? I totally get it!)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I live in New Mexico and there are awesome Mexican and New Mexican restaurants around pretty much every corner. My wife and I generally either split an entree or we get a box at the beginning and half our entrees. There is one particular place we go though that usually has an "on the lite side" special...usually some grilled fish tacos or something along those lines
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    fajitas are pretty good options
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    I think Mexican is the easiest for healthy....I always order a taco salad, no shell with only chicken, lettuce and pico de gallo....if I have extra calories I add black beans, cheese, sour cream or guacamole. It's good with just lettuces chicken and pico though!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I live in New Mexico and there are awesome Mexican and New Mexican restaurants around pretty much every corner. My wife and I generally either split an entree or we get a box at the beginning and half our entrees. There is one particular place we go though that usually has an "on the lite side" special...usually some grilled fish tacos or something along those lines

Ya, when my fiance and I have dinner before a movie and taking food home is not practical, we split an entree and salad.

• ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    I always get grilled chicken tacos with corn tortillas and order the ala carte so they won't bring me the beans and rice and chips. They will often double up on the tortillas when you order corn tortillas, but you can save some additional calories by telling them you only want one per taco.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Just eat what you want. Tomorrow a new day.

Its not like you eat everyday out isn't it?

Just enjoy it.

(lol i had to fly to LA yesterday...add what was on hand, what i wanted and the total was 5100 calories) And i didn't gain one ounce!! Not even holding water. And i regret nothing enjoyed the hell out of it) The earth wont stop turning when you eat what you like you know.

As long as you dont do this regular because then it indeed will affect your weight loss journey.

I specifically said please don't say this lol. But thanks.

i didnt say... and make up for it the next day.... B)