Mirror Challenge - 1 week

Options
Mirror Challenge: who's in?

Did you know you can write on your mirror in dry erase marker? Try this for a week....write "You are beautiful inside and out!" on your mirror and every time you see it, look yourself in the eyes and say it! Know in your heart that it is true!! Then give yourself a smile, or a high five, or thumbs up! Watch the people around you change how they respond to you. Watch how you begin to feel amazing!

I want to hear stories of how this transforms people!! Who's in?

(Guys: feel free to substitute "amazing" "handsome" "gorgeous" etc)

Replies

• katillac625
    katillac625 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm only slightly bummed that no one has jumped in on this. Why only slightly? Because I am living an amazing live where the actions of others can't effect my joy! I am beautiful inside and out! And SO ARE YOU!!!!!
  • katillac625
    Options
    Okay - I'll admit I might feel a little lame! :-) I still think we're both beautiful though! ;-P
  • hanrecornelius718
    hanrecornelius718 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like this! Got some issues with myself maybe this will help me exercise some self confidence. Thank you for sharing :)
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    ou1b06zb390m.jpg

I have this printed out and posted in my bathroom near my mirror for the same reason, to help with positive motivation. I totally think its a great push towards self acceptance and self worth. We spend so much of the day bombarded by social media that attacks our self esteem we need the extra boost.

• LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea. I can't join in this week, but am interested in maybe posting weekly affirmations in the future.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Going to get my whiteboard marker from the study right now... I like the idea of affirmations that are visible often.
  • katillac625
    Options
    MidwaysT - even if you don't join "officially" you can still participate. Look youself in the eyes (as you're brushing your teeth, or washing your hands) and tell yourself "you are a beautiful person inside and out" Really mean it and really look yourself in the eyes. Once a day will help, but I do it more than that. The strength this has given me to set up healthy boundaries is amazing!
  • katillac625
    Options
    Ideabaker - YES!!!! I can't wait to hear how you feel about yourself each day! I find myself shushing my inner doubter with the person who looked back at me in the mirror that morning. Every day she gets stronger than the inner doubter!
  • katillac625
    Options
    Hanrecornelius - I friended you. Be kind to yourself! :-) it's okay to fall down, just get back up and think of 2 things that you are grateful for!
  • katillac625
    Options
    Maroonmango - I love it!!!!! "I am prepared to succeed" might be my next quote! I tend to self sabatage success! Nice!
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I uses something similar to fight my depression and negative self image. I kept a diary and added one thing I liked about myself to a list every day. It wasn't the only tool I used but I rarely experience depression anymore and I never put myself down. I'm ok with the way I look but being overweight is bad for your health. If nothing else, it destroys your joints.

So this is a great idea.
  • katillac625
    Options
    I definitely think overeating/not taking care of yourself can come from not feeling worthy. When you start to realize how amazing you are and how good life is, it's easier to start making mentally and physically healthy choices. I actually am a lucky one that while I don't see myself as a model, am very okay with my physical appearance. I need to believe I'm okay on the inside to get to where I want to go. Years in a mentally abusive marriage can take its toll on even the strongest people.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Katillac, I am in for the challenge if you are still gamed! Starting tomorrow?
  • katillac625
    Options
    Midways - I'm sorry - I've been in vaca and not checking this. Let's do it!! Private message me!!