Ready to fully commit myself!

Options
AZDon
AZDon Posts: 21 Member
I have been on the site for a few weeks using the food diary and reading some of the forums. And I have been very impressed with not only the site but all of the great people and posts in the forums!! So now I've decided that I need to take the full plunge and stop lurking and just put myself out there in the hope of being more accountable and motivated when things get tough!!!

I have struggled with my weight all of my life. About 3 years ago a series of events - personal & professional - finally motivated me to make a change and I lost 30 pounds. And I HAVE managed to keep the weight off. Unfortunately this is about 20 pounds short of my goal. So for the past 2 years now I have lost the same 5 pounds 10 times as I bounce between 185-190.

So now I am ready for Phase 2 of this process. I am hoping that this site will help me to hold myself accountable. And maybe the "community" aspect will be an additional motivation!

Replies

• Terriwin
    Terriwin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. There is a great community here to help support you in your goals. Feel free to friend me if you're seeking friends. :smile:
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well...welcome aboard! You have definitely come to the right place. The people and the support they give is amazing!
    But like you said in your statement "ready to fully commit".... is definitely the backbone to your success!

All the best
    Goaliema!!
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome! From another newbie - joined this month after a friend told me about it. It really does help and the people are great. I'll send you a friend request. Here is that last 20 pounds going away FOREVER! :-) Yvonne
  • AZDon
    AZDon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Definitely seeking friends. The more mutual support we have the more successful we can be. :-)