Just need to know I can do this again...

Options
AliciaBeth78
AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
To be honest, I did do this before. I lost a ton of weight and I looked and felt great... And then it happened. I met the man of my dreams.

One year, multiple miscarriages and a failed engagement later and I gained 31lbs.

I need to get this weight off!

The eating part has been easy, because honestly, I'm too depressed to be hungry. But getting off the couch to go exercise is hard...not physically, but mentally. Occasionally, I can go for a walk to try and fight the tears, but even that is few and far between and afterward, I'm back on my couch crying. I'm almost embarrassed to go back to my gym, to the same place where people saw me a year or two ago, when I was in a lot better shape.

I know I need to do this to feel like me again, or as close to "me" as possible... I just don't know how anymore.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Replies

• benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Without going too far into your personal life, have you thought about seeking the help of a therapist? Sometimes our step one is working on onselves mentally and then tackling some of our physical challenges.
    Take baby steps and just focus on getting your diet down.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You've been through a lot and it may take some more time to heal. The fact that you know what you want is a sign of your inner strength. Believe in yourself and everything will fall into its rightful place. You've done this before. You can do it again! I've done it before and I am doing it again. It was hard finding the motivation for quite some time. You can start by getting up and going for walks. Walking turns into running and before you know it, you'll have that determination stick with it. Hope this helps! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, you know what to do....go get this!
  • samman2015
    samman2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I gained about the same weight by just staying in bed, depression sucks.. I've just recently started up again, or trying to, But think about how much better you'll feel after the workout. Slowly get into the routine again, and don't be embarrassed about the gym everyone starts somewhere :) I've started up twice already.
    Sorry I'm not much help,
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I lost 28 lbs a couple of years ago by joining a club but then stopped going. Put on 14 lbs and now need to get on track but trying calorie counting and exercise to do it