Junk food!

Options
I love granola bars...but they could almost be considered junk food. I need a healthy alternative that's still sweet, easy to grab, can be kept in my desk, and is under 100 calories. Ideas appreciated!

Replies

• jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    Quaker Chewy bars are only 90 calories - why go for something you don't want when you can get exactly what you want? :)
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    make your own trail mix...I need to do that too.
  • ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    sorry, I'm stumped. The only thing that I can think of is fruit, or veggies and peanut butter? Something that's under 100 cals but still sweet is kinda hard. There are always the 100 calorie pack snacks but those are all junk food so your kind of back at square one with that. Good luck though!
  • ywellc
    ywellc Posts: 8
    Options
    look at some of the kashi bars or the mini clif bars. I am okay with eating bars as long as they have some nutritional value. Although I love myself a nature valley fruit and nut bar - those are too good to not eat.
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    I believe the point of granola is, sure it's high in calories, but it's good for you. And it should be filling. Maybe look into making your own? If done right, it's supposed to keep you full so you aren't craving bad foods after the fact.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 Calorie Chocolate Peanut Butter

Vitamuffin Vitatops, brownies, etc by Vitalicious -- 100 calories. I like flavors you can buy only on line the most and chocolate flavors. The bran stuff is OK but chocale flavors are my favorites. These are found in the breakfast section in most stores are frozen organic sections.

16 raw almonds have 97 calories.
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live, but if you have Kroger they have Kroger Chocolate Chip Granola that is 90 calories.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Any 100 calorie packs. Just watch the sugar and carbs in these little bags.
    Walk the supermarket and read.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Can't offer any alternatives but WOW am I impressed by your willpower! If I had bars in my desk drawer they would be gone. If I'm at work and haven't brought any thing to eat then I have to go out to buy it and if I don't buy it I don't eat it........... If I can get that into my head then I MAY start losing weight!

B x
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Air pop pocorn
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Can't offer any alternatives but WOW am I impressed by your willpower! If I had bars in my desk drawer they would be gone. If I'm at work and haven't brought any thing to eat then I have to go out to buy it and if I don't buy it I don't eat it........... If I can get that into my head then I MAY start losing weight!

B x

I agree on having stuff at my desk. I am not disiplined enough to have any carbs like this at my desk. I bring it to work but I store it in the kitchen here at work. I only have veggies and fruit at my desk at work for the day.
  • TurtleCrush
    TurtleCrush Posts: 80
    Options
    If I were you I would stick with the granola bars but there is something I would suggest and that would be try getting the ones with fruit and nuts instead of the ones with chocolate. I only say that because I love the dipped in chocolate ones.