Shopping for a HRM...please help!!!

Options
I want to buy a HRM, but I've never bought one before. Can anyone make any recommendations of which one to buy and wher to get it? I'm not trying to spend a ton of money...

Thanks guys!

Replies

• CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Polar is well known and well liked for many reasons. You don't need anything fancy either. The current FT4 should do it. I have an old F11 I picked up of ebay for about $30 and it is still going strong.
  • pritichandran
    pritichandran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    check your local Costco. They usually carry decent ones for $30-40.
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Ft40 and love it!! I know alot of people on here like it also, it was one recommended to me when I asked about HRM's. There is also the FT4 which is pretty much the samething put runs for less money. I was able to find mine on ebay for $50.00 but they can be run upto $150. Amazon sometimes has some good deals as well. The FT4's usually are less than $100. Hope this helps:)
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I bought a Mio Classic and it cost about $25 at Academy Sports...I have never had any problems with it and it is accurate.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    If you have a big 5 sporting goods near by, check them out. They often have some on sale. I started with the Bowflex with chest strap for $30 on sale. Whatever you get, make sure you get a strap. Strapless don't do the job as well.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4 a couple days ago and I really like it so far. Easy to use, basic features, it was perfect for what I want/need it for. I got it at Big 5 Sporting Goods on sale for $69.99 (reg $89.99).
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4. It was only $70 off of Amazon. Whichever one you get make sure it has a chest strap. They record your heart rate directly. Ones without a strap are not accurate. Mine is easy to use, programs specifically to your information, shows you when you are within your target heart rate zone and how long you stay in the zone for each exercise session, it records your last 10 exercise sessions so you can track progress and it is waterproof so you can use it in the pool. You will find that a HRM is a great investment!
  • Jamie6802
    Jamie6802 Posts: 8
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much! I'm gonna start checking them out now! :)