Not huge, but baby steps!

Allison1385
Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
edited June 2015 in Success Stories
It has been a long time since I have weighed under 200 lbs! Like I think I remember being at 198 for my sister in laws wedding 3 years ago. But before that, it was before I was pregnant with my first child 5 years ago. I'm only at 198.4 right now... and I know 1 bad meal could knock me right back up to 200 mark. So I have to be very careful. I have to get down to around 180 lbs before I feel comfortable with living in my new weight. That's kind of a weird feeling.... like its a freedom so to speak...if I get down to a certain weight I can still watch my nutrition but I have more flexibility and I know I won't jump right back up there. Although you have to be careful because I have been low weight before. 10 years ago in highschool, I was at 155-160... college and marriage brought me to 180 lbs ...and then 2 pregnancies later I have hovered around and over 200. For 6 months or so after I had my last child I stayed around 220 lbs! That was terrible for me, I was so unhappy. I have to remind myself where I have come from. I weighed about 240 lbs when I gave birth to him 2 years ago. So in essence I have lost over 40 lbs! It doesn't feel like it, so I don't feel proud for it. I have my goal of weighing 160 lbs.... I'm doing it...I will not stop until I get there! I am so determined to be at that weight again, it excites me! I haven't weighed 160 lbs in 10 years!!! I guess that's why I don't feel as excited about weighing 198 right now. I have been here, and have gained it back and lived at 210 lbs for ever it feels. I know how easy it is to slip back up there! I want to run away from 200 so fast! But baby steps.... not huge....but it's success... have to start somewhere to get where I need to be!!! - Allison Renee

Replies

• berndanddana
    berndanddana Posts: 114 Member
    Pregnancy can do a number on you. I've been there, but you can do this, hang in there!
  • HannaSusi
    HannaSusi Posts: 857 Member
    I'm really waiting to get under 200 too, just 3 more to go... Your story sounds quite a lot like mine, I've been smaller in highschool but after that the weight has just slowly piled on. 2 kids and years of comfortable living and suddenly I realized I was 232lbs. Ugh. And having been smaller, I can't fully appreciate where I am now, even if I AM happy about losing 30lbs. BUT we're going in the right direction! And we will get there.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Congratulations! Don't minimize your success, you're doing great!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    You're doing great!!! Keep up the good work.
  • Xandersmommy
    Xandersmommy Posts: 32 Member
    congrats on your under 200!!! I just started back up, and my first long term goal is 200 :wink: wanna stay curvy lol. But today I am down 5lbs!! yay!! I hope you do well on you journey... I will be right behind you ;)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Keep up the good work
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    Thank you everyone!!
  • CherylanneCorsini
    CherylanneCorsini Posts: 50 Member
    Don't stumble over what's behind you. (Your weight ☺️) Keep on moving on, you are doing Fantastic!
  • ThatNerdyGrl
    ThatNerdyGrl Posts: 9 Member
    Congrats!! Great milestone for sure!! (Heading for that goal myself...)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!