when i feel down i eat :( how to change this ?

Options
like when i get depression or my ocd kicks in or a general stressful day i eat ... how to change this habit

Replies

• hanrecornelius718
    hanrecornelius718 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Drink water with lemon juice instead my friend :smile: and take a walk it tends to help me alot. Exercise is good for the mind believe me ive been off my pills for more than 3 years gained a lot of weight too. But since I starded change my lifestyle I'm feeling a lot better. Feel free to add me if you like
  • dianamarymarsden
    dianamarymarsden Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can relate to that you can add me too if you like
  • cla114
    cla114 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    go walking, running (better do sprints than just jogging) or hit the gym, you will not enjoy it while doing it but afterwards, when you shower and the endorphine kicks in, you'll feel great (and happy because you've done something for your body). Force yourself to do it 3 times a week for 2 months (with NO exception) and then you'll get addicted...
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Find something else to do. Take up a hobby that requires both hands and concentration, and when you're feeling like eating from emotions, do that instead. If you're not really hungry, your brain will focus on that instead, plus you get to learn a new skill!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I was having a terrible emotional day yesterday. Instead of turning to food like I normally would have, I went to bed at 6 p.m. it worked! Slept right through to 5 am the next morning!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Do something active instead to try to help relieve your stress! Go for a run or a swim, maybe do some yoga! Just breathe. It's hard to not turn to food when you're having a bad day, I can relate. Try to use that energy and put it into something positive instead!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters who suggested getting in some exercise. Best way I've found to turn my mood around.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    exercise is good and distracting. you are breaking one habit and creating a healthier one. the comfort that can be found in food can be found in exercising. it is always there for you and does not judge and they can both make you feel good :)
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Try keeping a journal. It seems silly, but taking the take to write stuff down allows you to think before you sabotage your diet. It helps a lot.
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I can relate. On really stressful days, I literally just start thinking about having something to eat. That is my first thought when I get anxious. So I distract myself - exercise, like everyone said, is the ideal. But for me, I'm usually at work when it happens so I'll walk around the office for a few minutes and chug some water. And when I've been really good about tracking food, I also find that it helps me to look back and see the progress that I've made.
  • fat_destroyer1
    fat_destroyer1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thanks guys <3