3 Pogos later... Uhhh

Options
nikt3a1
nikt3a1 Posts: 6 Member
Well had a rough day, and made the mistake of having frozen food. The start is always the hardest thing. My body craves a treat now and again. It's hard to replace that craving with fruit or some other alternative. I have googled replacements for cravings or sweets, and ready made food for on the go... But nothing sticks. Any suggestions?
I work 10 hour days or more, I prepare fruit and veggies during the day with a sandwich and granola to hold me over. Then come home and that's where I get fed up. Or on weekends. Help!
Ps. I love me some bread haha...

Replies

• benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    First off, there's nothing wrong with eating bread. Just portion it out. If I had to give up bread, or carbs at all, I'd probably kill someone, so I make it work for me.
    I tend to be the kinf of person who eats well when I'm at work, but then once I get home all bets are off and I'm a ravenous animal. I've just sort of learned to control this because I want to hit my goal more than I want that endless bag of tortilla chips. What it really boils down to is will power. The only way to have strong will power is to work it out like any other physical muscle in your body.
    For suggestions on sweet things, what exactly are you looking for? When I'm craving something sweet I just have what I want. I keep a small bag of choclates in the fridge and I'll allow myself to have one as long as it fits into my calories. Sometimes I find that a few chocolate chips helps. I just want that quick sweetness.
  • nikt3a1
    nikt3a1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves there bread! But I think I have learnt to manage it. I am learning again to get back into jay mind set. I did pretty well a few months back but life happened and things changed in my life I couldn't control. So that left me to break down and now start again.
    As for sweets, I crave chocolate for sure. I believe I'm a nervous/stress eater. It's taken over my will to actually think properly sometimes. I'll try that one chocolate piece and make room for it in my plan so I'm not starving my craving.
    Also big thing is when i come home, I'm exhausted and just do the quick meals. When I'm not exhausted, I can think to make something proper... But lately I just want food as quick as possible so I can rest finally, after a long day.
    Thanks again for the advice!
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have the treats. If I'm craving chocolate, no quantity of frozen grapes or fat free vanilla yogurt will do. I find I eat the replacement snack, continue to crave, and eventually crave and have both. A small portion of pretty much anything can be part of a healthy diet.

I eat my emotions, too, and there's no quick fix for that except trying to catch yourself on the way to the fridge and pausing to check 'am I hungry or am I eating because I feel bad?'