30 day shred

Options
I've done my research and looked at success stories and the other threads about the 30 day shred. My question pertains to me specifically. I'm on Day 6 and obviously am not expecting to see results already but I'm eating very well and having a calories deficit and stuff and then doing at least 30-40 minutes of cardio NOT including the 30 Day Shred every day and doing weights as well every other day. So my question is do you think it makes sense for me to continue the 30 Day Shred along with everything I'm doing (obviously it doesn't HURT but still)

Replies

• carmentownes
    carmentownes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would, im pretty sure the shred is helping you more than the cardio is. Look up some results online. Its pretty amazing.
  • BeautifulLoser1985
    BeautifulLoser1985 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing the shred, finished day 8 yesterday. Did my measurements and I'm down about 5 inches total off thighs, arms, waist, and hips! In 8 days! Seriously can't wait to see what the full 30 does. If you have the energy/time doing both is surely better than doing one, but if you have to choose I would pick the shred.
  • liftlovelunge
    liftlovelunge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would continue with 30DS along with your cardio. Or, if you're not enjoying it, look into some resistance programs that you will enjoy.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you like doing it, then keep it up. What are you doing for cardio? If it's not high intensity, then you should try high intensity intervals. They are more effective for reducing body fat. Try 10-15 second sprints for 4-6 sets. You will be wiped out.
  • apeck496
    apeck496 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm doing sprint workout every other day and running and rowing the other days in addition to weights.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    30DS is a great workout and it combines in resistance training, cardio and core...if you enjoy it...do it.

I personally lift heavy 4x a week, run 3x a week on non leg days and walk on days I am not running or ride my bike now that the weather is nice..

The key to exercise is to do what you enjoy so you keep doing it.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    If you like doing it, then keep it up. What are you doing for cardio? If it's not high intensity, then you should try high intensity intervals. They are more effective for reducing body fat. Try 10-15 second sprints for 4-6 sets. You will be wiped out.

I just started doing this. I read that study: 30-second sprints with 4-6 minute rest intervals. 4-6 sets.

Learned real fast: sprinting works an area of the upper quad that nothing else I've been doing works as hard. So sore after a couple days of this.

But yeah, the studies have shown, this sort of HIIT training is most effective for fat loss.

And it's kind of fun to run balls-out fast for a short time.