I know how to lose weight...and it knows how to find me

Options
stephieg820
stephieg820 Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

I'm Stephanie. I'm in my mid-30's and doing this weight loss thing for about the 100th time. I really want it to stick this time, but I need help. I've been on MFP for a while, but I hear crickets chirping everytime I open my friends list. Hoping to find more people who actively use this service to encourage, support and advise me as we go through this journey together. My profile has my story, and friends near and far are welcome! I want to beat this fat, but I obviously need help.

Replies

• melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 28. I've been trying to lose weight since forever! But I've been really committed for the past 10 months. I'm a little more halfway through my goal. I log everyday. Feel free to add me :)
  • Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie!!

I am a fellow weight re-gainer... hopefully, this time will be "the last time". After reading many posts, I've decided not to "diet" anymore ~ an entire lifestyle change seems to be the the ticket.

I have about 105 lbs. to lose, and would be glad to share this journey with you :) I'm hoping to lose a decent amount over the summer ~ I work at a school, and so I have a great deal more time to focus my efforts during these months.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I agree with Becca...it really can't be a diet anymore. That's why we keep doing the yoyo thing. Have a reasonable plan that you know you can stick to even if you're losing weight slower than all the fad diets that you've done in the past. You need to mentally change the Way you eat food. MFP will help you scale down your portion sizes by lowering the amount of calories that you should be eating each day. Start exercising by doing a little bit of cardio each day and a little weight training a few days a week. Take a look at the nutritional breakdown of your meal plan and make sure you're eating wise food choices that are giving your body the nutrients it need. Find friends on here or in your life that can provide support along the way.

Oh....and get a food scale....you're gonna need to log everything.
  • honeybenn
    honeybenn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I found someone who wants to actively stay connected through this journey! I hope some of you will friend me also! Like you, I hear birds chirping and I want to hear them sing!! js....
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me also, I really try to be encouraging :) I have an open diary too
  • ledaisyface
    ledaisyface Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, this is about my 10th time too -_- it'll help having friends. No motivation when we're alone in this. We can do it! Best of luck :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I am closing in on my third year of logging every day. Two and a half of those years have been at maintenance. I will chime in that the only way to sustain this is to set up a food/exercise plan that is reasonable and factors in your preferences and lifestyle. It cannot be so restrictive that you can't live this way forever.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight a hundred times, too. I've kind of learned to accept that I'll always be losing and gaining. I think the trick is not to let the gains get out of hand by more than 10 lbs or so. I have no understanding of this online "friend" thing - I really don't know what it means, what it's for or what its responsibilities are - and I'm pretty sure I don't want to understand it so I can't help you there.
  • laryssalynch15
    laryssalynch15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm with you. The yo-yo-ing is awful. I'm in my early 20's, but I already have an unhealthy track record of up and down. I'd really like to start working towards a healthy weight and establishing healthier eating/exercising habits. I'd love to make friends that I can support and receive accountability from. Best of luck to you!
  • kay_rove
    kay_rove Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI! I just added you! I hate yo-yoing! I actually just became a health coach to kind of nip that in the butt. I'd love a more vast support network also!!!