Should I even bother?

Options
Im over in calories by about 650. The most I can burn through exercise right now is 200. Should I even bother' or call it a night and do better tomorrow? Its 11pm. ugh. Today was a bad day.

Replies

• javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    call it a night
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I say do it! :) You'll feel so much better going to bed knowing you did your best to burn off those extra calories.
  • NearlyThere2011
    NearlyThere2011 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Some days you just need to write it off... I say call it a night and start afresh tomorrow. :flowerforyou:

x
  • lovesauburn
    lovesauburn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else get a good night's sleep. I think when I'm tired I eat more & sometimes exercise makes me wired. Hope you sleep well!!
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Do whats good for you, doing the 200 burn will make you feel better having at least made an effort to reduce the deficit, but deciding to regroup in the morning will give you focus to restart and get it back. Whats done is done, keep smiling and good luck with whatever you decide.
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    if you have the energy, just work out, it always feels good to know you made an effort :)
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    A guideline I use for myself is..

The number of calories I need to "maintain" weight. If I have gone over that then I feel like poop, however if I haven't then happy days. You can have a good day tomorrow, don't kill yourself over it, but if you feel like you have to exercise then just get going and go for it!!

If this is not something you do EVERY DAY then it's ok!! :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    Success is inspirational
    Disaster is educational

Learn something from this and go to bed :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • norcalbowler
    norcalbowler Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else get a good night's sleep. I think when I'm tired I eat more & sometimes exercise makes me wired. Hope you sleep well!!

+1
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Might be hard to sleep if you get your heart rate going up and at'em right before bed. I know everyone is different, but when I work out too close to bedtime I'm a fidgety mess that can't sleep! Call it a night, and be fresh and ready to kill it tomorrow! :)
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Do some exercise if you can. Ten pushup, twenty crunches or what ever you want. That way you will feel like you did something.
    If you really feel bad then go to bed and start again tomorrow. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Get some sleep and start fresh in the morning
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    If u have mfp set to loose 2lbs a week, ur eating 500calories a day under ur maintenance level to maintain ur weight...burn the 200 calories because since ur only 650over, burning 200off would put u below ur maintenance level and u could still loose. However, being over occasionally sumtimes boosts ur body into gear and helps u loose, but I would do the workout and burn off the 200 so the number isn't as big. Even 150 or 100 would be better than nothing
  • scooby1298
    scooby1298 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey, everyone gets good and bad days, the main thing is not to let the bad ones take over your life !!!! live for today, and you never know what tomorrow may bring. set yourself an achievable goal, even if it means it might take longer to reach.
  • jdmacfam
    jdmacfam Posts: 26
    Options
    If all days were good days, where would we get our motivation to do better and improve? Those bad days are what makes us stronger. Be thankful for them and do better the next time. It's when you start having bad weeks/months that you might want to consider seriously changing some things!