weght loss journey 35lbs

hello everyone, I am a 24yr old female. I am 5'2 or 62 in'' and I weigh 215lbs. I need to lose around 35lbs to join because that would put my bmi 32%. my local navy recruiter told me my bmi had to be at 33%. so I need help on what to eat and how many calories to consume. I was thinking maybe I could lose this weight by 5 to 6 months, is that a reasonable time frame? What are some exercises to do? Please help me give me ideas and advice please....

Replies

• alejandro_08
    alejandro_08 Posts: 25 Member
    Hey! First congrats on wanting to serve that's very admirable! All armed forces has a Physical fitness test consisting of push ups, sit ups and a run for the most part. Start practicing this test! As far as what to eat what I would do is weight yourself one day first thing in the morning and record everything you eat for about 3 or 4 days. DONT CHANGE WHAT YOU EAT just eat normally. On that 4th day weigh yourself again in the morning hopefully you'll be around the same weight give or take a couple of pounds. So let's say every day you ate 2,000 calories that means you need that much just to stay the same so slowly begin taking calories out so for 2 weeks eat 2,000 calories a day while working out then eat 1850 calories for the next Two weeks etc THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE!! The point is to slowly decrease the amount of food you eat. Also run in the mornings! Like 0500 early! I had to lose weight to join the army and its the best decision I ever made. I'm in uniform as I type this lol you can do it! Feel free to add me and good luck!!