meal ideas for the healthy eating challenged?

Options
I don't quite know how to eat healthy. I have 2 kids and a picky man at home. How do I feed them what they'll like and it be healthy so I can lose fat?

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'd start by making healthier versions of the stuff they love. Check out skinnytaste.com for recipes, I've tried quite a few on there and they've all been great!

Just remember that "healthy eating" doesn't have to be a plate of steamed veggies and bland chicken. You can still make a hearty lasagna and stay within your calorie/health goals.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Depends on what they like.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You'd be amazed how you can cut macaroni and cheese!
  • mrvikingman
    mrvikingman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can still feed them what they like, and just change your eating habits. But otherwise, just search out recipe for healthier versions of the food you make. You'd be surprised at some of the healthy twists on dishes that there are.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    it's easy to sneak pureed veggies into foods. greens into smoothies, shredded spinach or carrots into marinara, lasagna, meatloaf. pureed squash into mac'n'cheese (I've also added cauliflower to shells and my kids didn't notice). Zuchini or pumpkin or carrots to bread and cake. I have one child who doesn't really 'do' veggies, so I have to sneak his in in small enough chunks he can't pick them out.