Hello with a chance of accountability

Options
Ronni_16
Ronni_16 Posts: 15 Member
Just a friendly Canadian who is hoping the message boards will be my inspiration (or kick in the butt). I have tried this weight loss for some time now and seem to always fall back into a slide and gain it back.

I know partly is because I am lazy with food and would rather go for the fast way to satisfy my hunger.

I am trying the IIFYM style of diet. So far I can't keep up with protein!! How does one do it?

I am taking in gym class called Tribe Core. Loving it and already see the results out on the ball field! Biggest bonus!

Here is to some changes this time!

Replies

• PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Try making protein the basis of all your meals, instead of carbs. If that fails, a good protein shake that's low fat and carbs will give you a boost.
  • Ronni_16
    Ronni_16 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good point on the protein shake. So many to choose from though!
  • LizSafi
    LizSafi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After only losing .2 lbs in 3 months of paleo, my CrossFit coach suggested IIFYM. I've only been on it a week and have already lost! My coach isn't terribly worried about my protein intake as long as I'm getting fairly close. That said, lots of lean chicken and two protein shakes a day is what's helping me. I've been using Premium Protein from Sam's Club for my shakes. I've tried others but this is more reasonably priced, better tasting than most and has 30g protein. They make protein bars as well.
  • rmboehm67
    rmboehm67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Protein powders are a good way to go fill in the gaps but be careful not to rely on them as your primary source.

Much like your calories protein powder is protein powder. Find something that tastes good and doesn't break your bank. Don't get intimidated by all the bells and whistles that are offered (or let a commission based sales person take you for a ride). Try Gold Standard Whey or Dymatize Elite, bodybuilding.com has good prices and reviews to help guide you further.

As a frame of reference I eat 214g of protein spread out over 5 meals with one protein shake in the morning. With that being said my lunch and snacks feature small portions 4oz chicken breast that I prepare over the weekend for convenience.