A travel dilemma

Options
We are heading fto Canada for the weekend to visit our son.

Tonight, we will be staying in beautiful Leavenworth, WA, a Bavarian town in a gorgeous mountain setting. The German beers and foods are so good.

My dilemma? Do I try to stay strictly on track? Or, do I decide this is one of those times when "life happens"?

I've been diligent to this point, and have lost 14 pounds.

I'm leaning towards changing my goal for this week from 2 pounds to .5 pounds. That way, I can still be accountable, lose a little, and not beat myself up for cheating.

How do all of you handle these long weekends?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'd even go so far as just to switch to maintenance. Vacations are meant to be enjoyed.
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. You're on vacation after all. I would keep logging in so that you're aware of what you're doing and not mindlessly eating just because it's there but for the most part just have a good time.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My advice? Eat everything you want, but *enjoy* every bite. Taste your coffee/tea/beer. Savor every pastry. Really appreciate the spaetzle, sausage, schnitzel, what have you. And log everything you eat, with as much consciousness of quantity as possible.

This should result in three end game results:
    1. No stress. You have given yourself permission to enjoy this once in a (however infrequent) experience.
    2. If you are taking the time to really enjoy, savor, and focus on everything you eat, you are *likely* (not guaranteed, but likely) to eat more slowly, and to stop when you are full.
    3. Knowledge is power. You may exceed your goal by a small amount, or a considerable one, but you will *know*.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I'd even go so far as just to switch to maintenance. Vacations are meant to be enjoyed.

+1 and were my thoughts straught away, even more. What you should do is whatever choice you make its a choice made by you so dont fret and do enjoy your holiday.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »

Exactly this. You should have an idea of what you burn each day (TDEE). Eat that amount. You'll have fun and not do any damage.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Moderation