Here's to hoping MFP works! (Did it help your career?)

Options
carolusholman
carolusholman Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am just starting out on my 177 day journey to a Ski vacation. I used to be quite the snowboarder. My Daughter wants to go with me this year, I need to drop about 80 pounds in 177 days! If MFP works I should be down 55 pounds or so! I am really looking forward to reading and sharing your journeys to a healthier you (and me). My target weight seems so far away (265 days) till 175! I grew up so skinny people thought I was a refugee! Send me friend requests if you want I think it would be fun to have some support! My family is incredibly supportive and are behind me 100%. Question to any of you out there reading this that have had success with MFP, did it help your Career when you lost weight?

Cheers! :)

Replies

• Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes, two pounds a week, (and even a little more) is possible here.

Do youself a favor and look at this as a life change, not just a 177 day change. Otherwise it's all together possible that you'll put the weight back on after your trip.

I'm on a similar journey of at 44lbs of 101lbs. I'm only 96 days in. Add me.

Jeff
  • carolusholman
    carolusholman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh I totally look at this as a life change not something temporary. The reference to 177 merely was a target for a step in my journey. MFP has helped me lose 4 pounds in 14 days! 2 Pounds a week, it's right on track! I have 253 days left to hit my target weight, then I expect to have learned how to stay in better shape!