getting discouraged!

Options
A month ago I started a healthy diet of low carbs, no sugar, vegetables, seafood, and healthy fats. No dairy or gluten. I also do 45min of cardio 5x a week and just started using resistance bands for upper body toning. I track my calories daily and never go over and I drink tons of water. The first 3 weeks I lost 10 lbs. I was thrilled. Then TOM came and that entire week I did not lose anything, but I maintained. So I figured it would go back to normal after the water weight was gone. Well it has been 3 days since my TOM has been over, and I have not lost any weight, in fact I gained a pound. I am so discouraged! I'm doing all the same things I was before, eating properly and working out. I have not changed anything. I don't know why my weight loss halted :( Any advice from those who have had this problem?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Be more patient. Although, I must admit, I don't have a TOM problem except vicariously.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, wait at least a week before weighing yourself. This is all going to take time, it won't happen instantly. Keep doing what you're doing and if you've still maintained or gained after two weeks or so then let's revisit and see what's going on!

Feel free to friend me, you've GOT this! :D
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    3 Days...

'nuff said.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg4MxkQv-rSvkrgUYu9amb3RuWS19bBX3AmDPhjTe35RuP_ncLGA
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    A month ago I started a healthy diet of low carbs, no sugar, vegetables, seafood, and healthy fats. No dairy or gluten. I also do 45min of cardio 5x a week and just started using resistance bands for upper body toning. I track my calories daily and never go over and I drink tons of water. The first 3 weeks I lost 10 lbs. I was thrilled. Then TOM came and that entire week I did not lose anything, but I maintained. So I figured it would go back to normal after the water weight was gone. Well it has been 3 days since my TOM has been over, and I have not lost any weight, in fact I gained a pound. I am so discouraged! I'm doing all the same things I was before, eating properly and working out. I have not changed anything. I don't know why my weight loss halted :( Any advice from those who have had this problem?

Its only 3 days no worries
    When you weigh ALL your food on a food scale and created a deficit you will lose weight again

But i wonder with all the restrictions you made for yourself...what do you eat?

• Csechmate
    Csechmate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! You're doing great and this happens to most people eventually. When you change your diet and exercise plans significantly you'll quickly notice improvement. Once you lose a good portion of weight (for me it's even happened around five pounds) your body might plateau. During that period it seems like weight isn't budging at all but it will!

Stay strong and keep up your awesome routine. It could be a few days or a few weeks. You'll eventually push through and continue losing weight.