Options
BettyBeth14
BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
Hi Guys! I have the below left for today

Totals 889 117 16 4 18 201
Your Daily Goal 1,300 195 36 13 49 2,500
Remaining 411 78 20 9 31 2,299
Calories Carbs Fat Sat Fat Protein Sodium

I will be going to the gym, but tis only my first visit back o only look at about 200 - 300 extra cals.

Suggestions for food tonight please?!?! xx

Replies

• ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

Seen this recipe below yesterday on MFP and thought it sounded nice for not too many calories?

Chicken Tikka & Rice

450g Chicken, chopped into chunks
    150g Fat Free Greek Yoghurt
    2tbsp Tikka Masala Curry Paste
    Fry Light or other Spray Oil
    1 Red Onion, sliced finely
    1tsp ‘Fresh’ Ginger (can be out of a jar which is what I used or out of a freezer bag)
    2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Coriander plus extra for garnishing
    400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
    150ml Chicken Stock
    100g Basmati Rice
    2 inch long piece of cucumber, sliced finely

Put the curry paste and 90g of the greek yoghurt into a non-metallic bowl and stir until combined. Add the chicken and stir until covered in the mixture. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
    Spray a non-stick pan with oil spray and fry the onion for 3 minutes, reserving a little onion to garnish at the end. Add the ginger, and stir fry for 1 minute, then add the chicken mixture. Fry for a few minutes until the chicken is sealed, then add the tomatoes, coriander (cilantro) and chicken stock.
    Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer. When 10 minutes have passed, turn on the rice. When the rice is done the tikka masala should be perfectly cooked.
    Serve with the remaining yoghurt on the side, and the red onion, coriander and cucumber sprinkled on the top.

Serves 4

301 Calories
    25 Carbs
    5 Fat
    39 Protein

Ceri x
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ooh that sounds fab, and im feeling like a curry, so this is perfect :-) thanks xx
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Heee, that was my recipe post - try it, it was delicious...and only 301 cals, BONUS!