C25K

Options
My wife and I joined the site about 80 days ago. I love the Couch to 5K Idea. We are probably doing our first 5K in October. I have done 3 miles on the treadmill a few times and really am getting into it. It usually takes me about 42 minutes to do the 3 miles on the treadmill but I hope by the time October rolls around I will have lost another 40lbs and will be down to 233. My goal is to do a 5K in under 35 minutes. I will keep everyone updated on the status of my quest. Good Luck and keep plugging away fellow weight loss people.

Replies

• mistresscox
    Options
    Good luck! I'm in week 3 and am really enjoying it. I have a friend that has been jogging around 3 miles (5K) on her treadmill at home and came and did week 3 day 2 with me and said it just about killed her! I don't know why-maybe the interval training, maybe the uneven terrain....either way she is totally sold on the C25K program now too! :) I was hoping to jog an entire 5K on June 18th, but I think at this point I will just jog/walk it since training has not gone as well as I had hoped.
    Anyway, I hope it's something you can enjoy and stick with! Those that do it seem to love it!