74 calorie blondies!

Options
joanneeee
joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
blonde_thumb.jpg
from chocolatecoveredkatie:
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/18/chocolate-chip-blondies-and-theyre-good-for-you/

Genius Blondies

(makes 15-20 squares)

1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed) (250g)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
heaping 1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar*
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup ground flax (20g) (see nutrition-info link below, for substitution ideas)
1/4 cup peanut butter (or other fat source) (see nutrition-info link below, for lower-cal options)
optional: 1/3 cup chocolate chips (Not “optional” if you’re CCK!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients (except chips) until very smooth. Mix in chips, and scoop into a greased (or tinfoil-lined) 8×8 pan. Bake for 38-40 minutes. You want the blondies to look a little undercooked when you take them out, because they’ll firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get hard. (Note: you can probably sub any white bean for the chickpeas)

Thanks to the flax, these blondies also offer omega-threes Smile.

For the Chocolate-Chip Blondies

Calories: 74
Fat: 2 grams
Sugar: 6 grams
Protein: 2 grams
^^^^
i got the same stats as hers when i used 5g splenda instead of sugar + includes the choc chips! so omit if you don't want the extra calories, although it doesn't matter too much since you'll only be adding about 30g. I added 30g lindt 85% dark chocolate and it came to the above stats.

I didn't have flaxseed so I subbed oat bran and they were just as good, just as little lower in fat :( Need ma omega 3's! My food processor is pretty crappy so it ended up as a bit of a short bread. So if you're digging an unhealthy short bread, process your ingredients about half way so they're crumbly and smoosh them in your baking pan. They will be very crumbly yet still hold and taste exactly like what I think short bread tastes like :) I bought flax today and hope to process them a bit more to make them actually blondies! Also, these guys taste fab raw and I'm planning on spreading it on my sandwich :P
blondes_thumb.jpg

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    these look delicious!
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    bump! looks really good!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    wow chickpeas. I reckonm I have some of them in the cupboard think I will try it on the weekend
  • joanneeee
    Options
    wow chickpeas. I reckonm I have some of them in the cupboard think I will try it on the weekend
    you can't taste them at all :D
  • emiliabeth
    emiliabeth Posts: 40
    Options
    bump
  • dcjulian
    dcjulian Posts: 33
    Options
    bump
  • xLissyx
    xLissyx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I think i am going t o make these right now. I dont have flax though. Oatmeal will do. :) Thanks.
  • joanneeee
    Options
    it seems i can't edit anymore but you can also sub protein powder for the flax
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I might want to try this out!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I didnt get a chance to make these yet going to do it now. :)
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! They look yummy!!!
  • Jwls23
    Jwls23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Has anyone entered these into the recipes database yet? If so, I do not want to duplicate. Having a hard time finding them though.

OMG....they are freaking DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • joanneeee
    Options
    Has anyone entered these into the recipes database yet? If so, I do not want to duplicate. Having a hard time finding them though.

OMG....they are freaking DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
    i've entered it into the database but i'm not sure how you can view it? I've called it CCK Choc Chip Brownies. How do I even view other peoples' recipes? haha :(

29129781.png
  • Lambja
    Lambja Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Monze1
    Monze1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options