C25K "off" days?

Options
If you are doing C25K, what are you doing on your "off" days? It says you shouldn't run 2 or 3 days in a row, but instead break them up if possible. I know I need to be doing something on the non-running days but besides Zumba once a week I'm not sure what else I should do. So, what are you doing? Would doing the 30 day shred workouts on the "off" days be counterproductive to having relaxation days?

Replies

• pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    On my off days I walk about 12 miles. I was thinking about doing 30d Shred but I am concerned, from what I have read in other posts, that I will hurt and mess up my C25K.
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    On my off days I do strength training and the elliptical, the bike, or I walk.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical at home so I generally do that but have also gone swimming or for a bike ride. If I have gone too hard on my "off day", I really feel it during the next run. As the Shred is pretty intense, I can see it being counterproductive.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing! But I do my leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds DVD. Very low key. I feel better if I do something on the off days or I will lose my motivation. I was doing squats, and the raise up on your toes when you are standing... not sure of the name. Calf raises??? IDK.

I am interested in what other people are doing... My sis in law let me borrow her insanity... hell no way! I lasted like a minute and quit. it was super hard for me. I think just plain walking won't hurt anything, but then again, I am noooo expert on anything. LOL
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I always walk on my off days, and I usually try to hit Curves on a daily basis. :)
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    Walking is always the simplest, brisk 30 minute walk? Hiking? (if you're in Sydney go for a little drive to the Blue mountains :heart: )

Or if you've got a gym membership or a local class do some yoga

Also swimming if beautiful if you can manage it because it strengthens and tones your body and completely takes the pressure off your joints, which is best case scenario when you're doing the running thing :)

Good luck!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I haven't done anything (and I'm on week 7 of c210k). I just got the 30 day shred DVD and am going to do that.
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    I do C25K tues, thurs and either sat or sun and then do zumba mon, wed, and fri. Also next month i will be doing boxing bootcamp on tues and thurs aswell to build me upper body strength. I have heard weights or strength training is a good thing to do to build up your strength, i just hate it tho(boring).xx
  • applebottomjeans11
    applebottomjeans11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do cardio with weight training "Tae Bo Cardio Sculpt". weight training is important to build muscle that you burn off doing cardio. Zumba with weights 3 times a week is a good idea. You'll burn more fat than you can think of and tone like crazy!