I just want to love myself more

Options
g0inraw
g0inraw Posts: 6 Member
Hello everyone, I am a 31 year old women, recently divorced and I'm hoping to change over my attitude along with my body. I'm a happy go lucky person in every aspect but my self confidence. I hate my body, I find it repulsive and for the most part wont look into a mirror unless I have to. I am starting here and hoping to find health and love for myself along this whole thing.
I have a food scale, a scale and a hear rate monitor.
My plan is to do yoga every day for 30 minutes and then to try Insanity max 30.
I need as much advice as I can get!
I am going to be eating vegan for health reasons and for the most part I don't eat a lot of junk.

Replies

• amg10299
    amg10299 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You've already completed the first step. Good luck with everything! Your plan sounds pretty great :) Just please remember that no matter what your vessel looks like your soul is pretty gosh darn great.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    g0inraw wrote: »
    I am going to be eating vegan for health reasons and for the most part I don't eat a lot of junk.
    Did a medical professional give you health reasons you should be vegan?
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    love yourself is the answer, take care of you
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    OP, best of luck in achieving your goals.

Please remember that, when it comes to weight loss, what really matters is how much you eat, not whether you eat vegan or "junk", nor how much you exercise. You need to eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight. Granted you may find a calorie deficit easier to achieve while eating vegan, but eating vegan does not guarantee a deficit.
  • gsxrguy03
    gsxrguy03 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Asking for help is the bravest thing you could have done. Eating right and exercise will come with time, being ok with who you are is more important. I'm sure this time in your life isn't the easiest, but things will get better... they always do. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Tango1020
    Tango1020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and want to lose 20 pounds. We can do it together
  • g0inraw
    Options
    Yes, medical professional told me vegan was better. I have a dairy allergy so that's out and with my digestive problems meat can be hard to process and painful.
    I hope I can make this all work and actually learn where my calorie deficit should be.
  • senecarr
    Options
    g0inraw wrote: »
    Yes, medical professional told me vegan was better. I have a dairy allergy so that's out and with my digestive problems meat can be hard to process and painful.
    I hope I can make this all work and actually learn where my calorie deficit should be.

Sorry to hear that, I just wanted to check, a lot of people deprive themselves thinking veganism is healthier.
    Hopefully you've been told to make sure you have a source of b12.
  • DevonatorOnline
    DevonatorOnline Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently got out of a 6 year relationship, and I know I wasn't married and I'm still young but all I can say is that it gets easier. I'm a month without my significant other and it's getting better.
    "I may break tomorrow, but I'm not going to today."
  • senecarr
    Options
    Fyi, I'm 32, divorced. Physically, divorce might have been the healthiest thing in my life. I'm just shy of having lost 85 lbs since separating.
  • g0inraw
    Options
    I have been told about b12 and supliment for it. I'm hoping to gain some muscle and lose some weight.
  • dlevans_59
    dlevans_59 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck and God Bless you on your weight loss, self love journey. I think the gentleman who spoke of being OK with yourself is dead on. Keep working on that, and the rest will come. One tip that has been very helpful to me is logging my daily food. I find that if I log after every or during my meal(when eating alone) it keeps me mindful and I tend to eat more carefully and more nutritiously. If I wait until the end of the day to log, I go over my calorie limit every time.

• RobertDupuy
    RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a vegetarian. I guess not quite a vegan, because I don't eat meat, milk, or eggs... But I do have cheese sometimes. I have been a vegetarian for almost a year.

Of course the same rules apply anyway unfortunately...still have to create a calorie deficiency to lose weight. I also avoid foods with flour, added sugar and gluten.

Ah basically I like to eat anything someone said was a super food...quinoa, broccoli, almonds, etc. oh well,must thought it was great that you were in a vegan diet. Good luck