Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Between sizes?

Is anyone else between sizes right now? I went shopping last weekend because most of my current clothes are too big. I tried on a size smaller and it was too small. I tried on my current size and it was too big. This was trying on multiple pairs of shorts and pants @ Old Navy, not just one style! After deciding that things were NOT sized incorrectly after all (which was my first thought), I determined that I'll have to wear my clothes too loose until I lose a few more pounds. This is very frustrating!!!

Replies

• purpadillo
    purpadillo Posts: 45 Member
    Did you just try Old Navy? I've had a lot of trouble with their clothes fitting my body right. I'd look at some other department stores and try some different brands. I'm sure you can find something that will fit properly without having to put too much effort (or money) into your search.
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    I'm exactly the same! I'm getting fed up of pulling my jeans up & wearing a belt creates a lump under my top!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    when that happened to me a bought a pair of jeans in the next size down and hung them on the front of my wardrobe and tried them on avery week .. now that is my size !
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    I've had that same problem. I hate wearing my clothes too big, I feel like I look so frumpy! You may want to try switching stores since the sizes can vary by the manufacturer until the smaller size feels more comfortable.
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Yeah I am in between right now with my pants! It is so frustrating, can't wait to get out there and actually buy that size down!! Good luck! We will get there some day!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    but Old Navy is totally sized wrong lol, everything is extra huge there! I hate it!

I feel like this sometimes but I would rather be between sizes than fit in the larger one I think, Extra motivation to get in that next size down!
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    I am too... It is frustrating and I am hoping it will give me motivation to get to that smaller size...
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    yep. exactly size 9 (UK). so frustrating! :explode:
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    I empathize. I feel so frumpy wearing my old clothes, I've gotten rid of most of them. I think half of the problem is that not only are we changing sizes, but we're also changing proportions. I've been devoted to Old Navy as my jean brand, but I'm beginning to question if that's really going to work!
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    ReneeOfTheFae Posts: 117
    Why not find a cute pattern and fabric at JoAnn Fabric (or other sewing shop) and make yourself some darling clothes? At least then, you can save money, take them in when you lose more weight then save money again by not having to by more clothes! (Also, it would be less taxing on the environment. *^_^*) Best of luck!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I have this problem with bras at the moment. My old size are far too big, but go a size down and they dig in under my arms. I am sticking with too big for now.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    I have the same problem...or I have to wear a bigger size because my waste is small but the hips and thighs are big :(
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I am the opposite, my hips and legs are a UK 10 (even an 8 in some brands), but my waist is 29, which is between a 10 and a 12. But size 12 trousers fall off me as my hips and thighs are narrow. Argh!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I'm right there with you. I'm in a 16 jean right now and their getting loose but not quite loose enough to go the next size down. A little extra time in the dryer helps but by the 2nd day of wearing, they're all stretched out. And I can't wear a belt (trust me on this) so I'm hitching my pants up all day.

Tops aren't quite so bad, at least if they're too big they just look a tiny bit frumpy.
  • kew736
    kew736 Posts: 28
    I have always been for jeans and pants! Always..... I'm like a size 9, so usually I end up getting 10 and wear a belt.
    In the last few years my butt has gotten bigger, but my waist seems too small foe the pants I buy to fit my bum! So hence why I am on this site! To feel more comfy in pants!