Starting the Journey

Options
I need lots of motivation to start and stick to my weight loss journey. I have PCOS, which means it's much harder for my body to lose weight. I'm trying to stay positive, though--weight loss means increased fertility, and I want a family more than anything!

Replies

• galaxie_gurl
    galaxie_gurl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend :) I love to try and post lots of motivational stuff while I am going thru my own journey and like trying to help others during theirs :smiley:
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Having a solid plan in place is key. Stick to the 3 keys of fitness: Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. feel free to add me.
  • LadyArya10
    LadyArya10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and have struggled with weight for years. My friend recently had a late term miscarriage, and the thought of that scares me. If I have to bust my *kitten* to prevent that from happening to me, then I will do it. I sent you a friend request. :smile:
  • memy19
    memy19 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi,
    I am currently reading the book: Fit For Life by Steven Arterburn

This focuses on the physical, spiritual, and emotional journey toward weight loss.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Join one of the pcos groups. I cna only add is to accept the limitations and adapt your approach to the condition, but keep going.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with pcos and she's lost 30lbs. So it is possible. Just plan healthy meals and get exercising.
  • rachelfishman89
    rachelfishman89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone :)
  • jrmalice
    jrmalice Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm re-re-re-restarting my journey, and while I can't relate directly to PCOS (as I'm a guy) I know ALL about the fertility struggle... It's one of the worst fights imaginable, but the good news is that it IS A WINNABLE FIGHT.

You have "built-in" motivation, just stay focused on your goals and chase them. Your reward will be so much more than "a new body." Remember that.

(And please, feel free to add me)