Starting Whole 30

Options
rcstarks90
rcstarks90 Posts: 1 Member
Hello! I'm 25, 190lb and 5'8". I will be starting the Whole 30 plan Monday June 8th. In addition, I have been walking towards my goal of 100 miles in June since June 2nd and I have been doing a squat challenge since June 2nd as well. Add me on MyFitnessPal! rcstarks90 Thanks!

Replies

• TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've done 4 Whole30's I enjoyed them, but they are a challenge for sure!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I actually started on Jun 1. I am doing fine so far. I did have a 1/2 bag of a small popcorn at the movies last night. Who can go to the movies and not have popcorn?! But other than that, I have been on it.
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'll be officially starting next Monday after some family comes to visit me this weekend (there is no point starting beforehand haha).

Feel free to add me! Maybe we can share recipes!
  • Sixtyby60
    Sixtyby60 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok Ladies. I am 63 and it is time to do something about my 5'6"/183 # body. I am going to DO the Whole30. I started this morning 6/8 and warned my staff that if I become stressed/obnoxious over the first week to just pat me on the back and remind me that it will get easier in the second week. I have NEVER dealt well with ketosis. It makes me homicidal but I'm hoping I can get through the hurdle of the first week and then know it gets easier. I just finished a challenging certificate program that took all my spare time so now I will figure out a way to commit myself to some exercise weekly. I work too many hours and sit too much. Looking forward to some company for this challenge.Namaste
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Brige2269 wrote: »
    I actually started on Jun 1. I am doing fine so far. I did have a 1/2 bag of a small popcorn at the movies last night. Who can go to the movies and not have popcorn?! But other than that, I have been on it.

I also started on June 1st! So far so good....I had one slice of thin crust pizza Saturday butttt it had spinach, onion and tomatoes, lol My only cheat since I started.
    I love this better than anything I have done....I feel really healthy. it helps when you enjoy fresh veggies, lean meats and healthy fats (avocado...YUM)
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Sixtyby60 wrote: »
    Ok Ladies. I am 63 and it is time to do something about my 5'6"/183 # body. I am going to DO the Whole30. I started this morning 6/8 and warned my staff that if I become stressed/obnoxious over the first week to just pat me on the back and remind me that it will get easier in the second week. I have NEVER dealt well with ketosis. It makes me homicidal but I'm hoping I can get through the hurdle of the first week and then know it gets easier. I just finished a challenging certificate program that took all my spare time so now I will figure out a way to commit myself to some exercise weekly. I work too many hours and sit too much. Looking forward to some company for this challenge.Namaste

You don't have to go into ketosis on Whole 30. Not at all. I mean, you certainly can if you wish (it isn't difficult at all to tweak that way) or if your food preferences result in that, but Whole 30 allows all fruits as well as potatoes, carrots, and other relatively high-carb vegetables, and most nuts and seeds (though portions of some should be limited). If you follow the Whole 30 meal planning template and you include a couple of servings of fruit per day plus one or so servings of starchy vegetables and nuts/seeds, it would be unlikely (though not impossible, everyone's body is different) that you would go into ketosis. But good luck to you, regardless!!
  • Yogimund
    Yogimund Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did a whole 45 actually starting in January and have been on a paleo diet ever since. I've just started another whole 30 after going in vacation and completely ignoring my diet while away! I lost 25 lbs in my first go round! My goal is another 15 to hit optimum weight for me.
    It's not easy but it's do able. I actually prefer the strict rules of whole 30 to the open ended Ww plan where you can eat anything. I've never felt as healthy as when I ate strictly whole 30.

Highly recommend it to anyone.
  • Sixtyby60
    Sixtyby60 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of W30 and it's getting easier. I nuked a sweet potato and it was great and very satisfying. Yesterday I was falling asleep on my feet and had this weird melancholy feeling for a few hours. Today I was alert all day and I'm still feeling some brain power now. I also realized I am eating more slowly and savoring food in a different way. Also, even though I' m drinking tons of water, I'm not having to pee every 15 min and today I really wasn't thirsty, the way I was the first three days. I'm very curious because I' m drinking way less caffeine and wonder what was going on with my serotonin yesterday
  • jenniferp04
    jenniferp04 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    To those of you that have said you have a cheat, do you start over on Day 1 as the program suggests or just keep going?
  • TruCowboysFan812
    TruCowboysFan812 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What is the Whole 30? I've never heard of it before? Is it a meal plan or exercise plan?