Zig Zagging / Cycling

Options
melzteach
melzteach Posts: 550 Member
I've been doing this for a couple of weeks and I do not think I like it. I'm up 2.5 pounds, although have lost inches...just a little.
I'm feelig super hungry, tired, low-energy and on high calorie days I really struggle to eat my daily calories.
My low day is 1350 and my high day is 1550. The first week I'd alternate every other day and the second week I had high calorie days with a high-calorie burn and low calorie days on a low-calorie burn day. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Suggesstions?

Replies

• TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    BUMP
  • ImBabyBunny
    ImBabyBunny Posts: 75
    Options
    Bump bump bumpitty bump!
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mel, felt the same way... and gained! :(
  • melzteach
    Options
    I think TOM is going to come for an unwanted visit very soon. I'll blame it all on him and go back to what I was doing. For me 1200 was not enough but 1350 was completly managable and I lost at least 1 pound a week. Unless someone posts something to convince me otherwise OR I have a successful weigh-in on Thursday I'm calling a spade a spade and forgetting calorie cycling!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Please read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/246100-tom-experiment-preliminary-results

It's changing the way I'm looking at my BMR (which is my calorie limit is set for). I already track my cycles using the FertilityFriend app.
  • melzteach
    Options
    Sooo, eat more with just before and beginning TOM?

Swimgoddess, how is it working for you?
  • dianne_mama_3
    Options
    I know! I think I've gained a pound too, but I feel like I look smaller this week. I need to measure, haven't done that yet, but I'm thinking it will be smaller. Not sure if it's the zigzagging or the fact that i am just soooo hungry because of TOM being here. Oh well! We'll see how it goes!
  • dianne_mama_3
    Options
    Yes, I did lose an inch around my waist, but no weight loss. The goal of cycling though is to lose the fat and not the muscle, so maybe we're just seeing things readjust, losing the fat, but maintaining the lean muscle. Don't know... I was eating 1050-1200 a day, and now with cycling I have a couple days that I go up to 1500, so I'm liking the extra calories!! :)