running distance and speed app

Options
Hiya,

I'm currently doing C25K and using C25K pro app on android and love it but I would love to know how far I've run and how fast im going on an average, anyone know of any android app on the market that can run in the background and track ur distance and speed? Unfortunately my HRM doesn't monitor that as i only have polar FT4.

Xxx

Replies

• NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    runkeeper.com
  • kim824
    kim824 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both use runkeeper. He has an android and I have an iphone. It has what you are looking for plus more.
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I have downloaded 'runtastic' .... not used it much so not sure if its any good, but its free so worth a go!
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    Google makes one called Mytracks. there's also one called CardioTrainer. They both are pretty good, I prefer the Cardiotrainer. I found it easier to use.

Have a great day!
  • ChChCharlie
    ChChCharlie Posts: 67
    Options
    I dont know if it would run in the background but I use runkeeper on the iPhone. There is an android version too. It logs your route, time, distance etc. You can go on the website and view it on a map. I love it! Hope you find what you are looking for
    7354188.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • buckyswider
    Options
    I use sportypal for my bike rides. It's way cool. Your tracks are even overlayed on google maps so you can see where you were. It's free. www.sportypal.com
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I love google mytracks.
  • MicheleMauldin
    Options
    runkeeper
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    CardioTrainer fan here.
  • mollie526
    mollie526 Posts: 4
    Options
    I use Endomondo and it will run in the background.
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    thanks guys, cardiotrainer doesn't run in the background on my phone. i think ill have a look at runkeeper and endomondo :)
    xx
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I use runmeter on the iphone and love it... Not sure if it exists for androidd.