I don't think I can do it...

Options
I have the knowledge, I know how to lose weight. But I just can't seem to. I'm hungry all the time. I'm addicted to food. I'm gaining more and more weight. I want the have my dream body. But I just can't seem to. Trying to eat 1400cal/day and do the 30day shred, is walking daily and attending the gym 3-4 times a week. I would love supporters on my journey. Add me :) thank you.

Replies

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you don't think you can do it, you won't.

Don't try to do it all at one time. You didn't gain weight overnight, and you won't lose weight overnight.

Pick one or two areas to focus on and do them every day. Once you've mastered one or two things, add a third.

Counting calories, 30 day shred, daily walking, and 3-4 days of the gym is rough on EVERYONE. Start slowly, build some progress and momentum and most of all CONFIDENCE!
  • JimmyD2003
    JimmyD2003 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Support is here... I would like to be a supporter as I have lost 16 pounds sense 10 May 15. I would suggest getting a pedometer or activity meter of some sort it helps keep you focused and goal oriented. I have two I wear one on my wrist and I wear one on my hip. the one on my wrist has a heart monitor in it and shows the burned calories that I work off as well as what my body naturally burns for survival. I have stopped snacking on junk food and switched to fruits in between meals as well as drinking more water or unsweetened teas. I have a goal to walk 5 miles a day and anything over that is just extra. I also try to eat my bib meal in the morning and keep the evening meal early and small.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jonbarth. That said. You have it on you to do it. Try not to stress and just pick one thing right now. Track. Water. Whatever. And make up your mind to just work on that. Loosen it up a bit so you don't snap :-)
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    JohnBarth = 100% correct. Form your habits one at a time. That is how your life will change.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Take baby steps. As the others said, don't try to jump into everything at once. Start with tracking your food, then start restricting your calories to fit into your calorie allotment, then start tackling increasing activity once you got a handle on eating properly.

Good luck. You CAN do this. Just be patient, and stick with it. Don't quit when it gets hard or frustrating.
  • raynedasie
    raynedasie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches and pickles ! It may sound crazy .but they are fairly low calorie ( pickles if you get the right ones have 0 calories ) and can be more.filling than one would.think. I also.get the 100 calorie pack of chips and call.that a lunch !.
    You really have to step out of your comfort zone.and think of things you can have, hummus is a good choice as well. Or laughing cow cheese wedges . Yummy stuff.and.low.cal.
    Best of luck !
  • HELL0_MARLA_HOOCH
    HELL0_MARLA_HOOCH Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think everything the others have said is very solid advice.
    Another thing you might look into is the Paleo or Keto diet. It sounds crazy like a crazy diet, but my favorite thing about it is that I'm never hungry. There is tons of good research out there too. Check out www.marksdailyapple.com - he has lots of great research, practical tips, and just all around good advice.

You CAN do this. You just have to put your mind to it and find what works best for you. If you're starving all the time you won't be successful, at least not in the long run. That's why some of the other's advice about tackling things one at a time is really good advice.