I've lost over 30lbs!

Options
I can't believe I've already lost over 30lbs. Losing weight used to be the only thing I thought I couldn't do. Turns out I'm actually pretty good at it ;)
I still have approx. 20 more pounds to lose and I can't wait until they're gone.
Funny thing is, I still don't see the change when I look in the mirror. I do when I compare photos and I'm down a couple of sizes but in my mind I haven't changed a bit. I wonder when reality will sink in?

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up!
  • wintergirl222
    wintergirl222 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!
  • kbaker001
    kbaker001 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're over 1/2 way there!

It can take a while to sink in with some people. Sometimes I look at pictures of when I was much heavier and think "I'm really not that much smaller, am I?" But then I compare the pair of pants that used to fit with the ones that do now... OMG.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,933 Member
    Options
    b1863ec001f174e2d9a3cc0ad89aad0cbf78ddd297256b891bd8ff4662f3f044.jpg
  • SkyLights51
    SkyLights51 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations I wish I could lose that much :)
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Rockin2014 wrote: »
    I can't believe I've already lost over 30lbs. Losing weight used to be the only thing I thought I couldn't do. Turns out I'm actually pretty good at it ;)
    I still have approx. 20 more pounds to lose and I can't wait until they're gone.
    Funny thing is, I still don't see the change when I look in the mirror. I do when I compare photos and I'm down a couple of sizes but in my mind I haven't changed a bit. I wonder when reality will sink in?

I'm also down 30 with around 20 to go. I didn't really notice a change in the mirror when I was down 20 lbs, but it's more distinct at 30. I also started a yoga practice within the last 10 pounds/month and a half, so maybe I'm noticing more positive things happening to my body instead of dwelling on the cellulite that's still there. I'm definitely bendier, too.

But we are pretty awesome, and you should friend me if you want.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Good job. It takes awhile to see the changes in ourselves. At first I was sure there was little change, even though friends and family commented on the change. Now, I look in the mirror and I can't believe it's me.

Really--I literally cannot believe it's me, and I'm proud of my accomplishment!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You now see the impossible, is possible!
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Rockin2014 wrote: »

Congrats. And all the best for the next 20
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Go to the weight room and pick up a 30# dumbbell. That's how much you were lugging around before it disappeared. Congratulations.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Keep up your good work too! We're all awesome for taking this journey towards better health!
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself...neck / waist / hips. That is where you will see the difference. I did!!
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself...neck / waist / hips. That is where you will see the difference. I did!!

Exactly! I've been doing that for a while and the results are pretty amazing.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's great!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    good job!!!

i am almost half way there myself. been losing a pound a week, and have lost 25 so far. still have 30 to go.