You will weigh _____ in 5 weeks

Options
natmadc
natmadc Posts: 116 Member
We all see this every day when we "Complete our Entries" for the day. And I always wondered does anyone every track this? Has anyone actually weighed in at what MFP suggests you'll weigh in "5 Weeks." I understand that it does show the message "If everyday were like today" and some of us fluctuate in calories from day to day. But overall I'm pretty consistent in what I eat and the amount of calories I consume during the week. So question to all, has anyone seen the this to be true?

Replies

• jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I have started to track this .... I'm about 10 days in, so ask me again in 3 and a half weeks and I'll let you know how accurate it is ;o)
  • codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    It's really impossible for it to happen because you will rarely have 2 of the exact same days let alone 5 weeks of the same.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    good question!!!
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I tracked it once & was about 0.4lb from what it had told me I'd be.
    I input it into my food notes in the diary on MFP 5 weeks ahead - I had forgotten about it and was surprised when it came up that I was near the target.
    Haven't been near as good since - maybe I should try it again see will it spur on a bit of motivation
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I copy and paste it into the notes from that day but I've never considered actually looking to see if it were true.
  • eagles0080
    eagles0080 Posts: 15
    Options
    nope it doesn't. and for me almost EVERY day is like they say "if every day was like today"...I get close...like maybe within 5-7lbs
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    It was spot on for me once. I hope it is for me again because my next mini goal weight is about five weeks from today. :)
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have tracked it and there are times when I don't meet it (because I haven't stuck w/it as hard) and there are times when I surpass it! So, it does work..and it can work as motivation if you have it handy somewhere to remind you! Good Luck! And keep up the good work!!
  • sjwarren66
    sjwarren66 Posts: 16
    Options
    I never thought about copying and pasting it in my food notes, but have wished it would reman a part of that day's record - just to satisfy my curiosity.
  • krisbeaver
    krisbeaver Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wrote it down on my calender when I first started on MFP and it was pretty close. I was only 1 pound off.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    yes! i'm on my 12th week of tracking, so i've had 7 weigh-ins so far to compare. i've found the mfp estimates to be pretty reliable. i've recorded the number each day and then averaged them for the week. after the first 5 weeks were up i could compare it to my actual weigh-ins, and they've been lining up pretty well, though it's never fun to see where i *could* have been, had i eaten better than i did! i would give it a go - it's a pretty cool thing to see and works well for motivation.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP wouldn't post this. That's why I never click complete. Our bodies will never understand basic math. At least, my body won't. It always fluctuates and that 5 week marker might be one of my water retention days or my TOM, even when I'm doing all I'm supposed to. It might work for some people, but it hardly ever works for me so I just don't want to see it. Keeping calories low works for some people and then again, zig zagging calories works for others. I just think it's silly to think the body can understand basic math like that.
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Copying and Pasting to your notes sounds like a good idea.I'm going to try that , it might not be spot on but at least I can use it for motivation. Thank you all for the responses! :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's hard because It is different everyday. I just know I will loose something and that is enough for me.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    With me, I am not really consistant in calorie intake one day it'll be a huge diiference, the next will be 2 pounds lighter. that would be a good idea to track it, just to see how accurate it is! :laugh:
  • rainbowdarling
    rainbowdarling Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking mine in a spreadsheet and taking a weekly average. So far, I'm into my 7th week and I haven't hit my "target" yet, but I'm getting closer to it. Weight comes off when it wants to, so I'm not stressing about it. I just like having the data and seeing the two downward trending lines on the graph I've made. :)
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I did track mine actually for 5 weeks and I was 2 lbs under their prediction. If you stay consistent within your calorie goal and exercise it can be accurate.
  • nicolej216
    nicolej216 Posts: 31
    Options
    260 it what it tells me!