does intermitent fasting work???

Options
The ratio is to fast for 16 hours a day and eat fit the remaining 8. So for me i would stop eating at 7 ànd not eat a thing again until 11 the next morning. I have tried it and lost several pounds but i was also eating low carbs so dont know if it qas the low carb eating or a combination of the two. My stomach was super flat but i was sooo hungry. Anyone had any success??? :/

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    The reason to do it is to restrict calories and NOT be hungry.

For me? It absolutely works. I just wait until I'm hungry, then I exercise. Then I'm hungry again about an hour after that. That's 12-18 hours, usually, for me. (Most people get better routines, but most people don't have a freakish sleep disorder, either.)

If it helps you cut calories comfortably, do it. If it doesn't, don't. I always get crazy hungry for "second breakfast" about 2 hours after my first one. No matter when it is or how big it is! So delaying works GREAT for me.

I don't do hungry. Not REALLY hungry. Being hungry is crap. Gotta work around how your hunger signals work.
  • goaliesmate
    goaliesmate Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would never think of early dinner / late breakfast as being a fast: I do that most weekends. On other days I eat over a 9 - 10 hour period; I can't see reducing that to eating within 8 hours making the slightest bit of difference.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    kppalmer84 wrote: »
    The ratio is to fast for 16 hours a day and eat fit the remaining 8. So for me i would stop eating at 7 ànd not eat a thing again until 11 the next morning. I have tried it and lost several pounds but i was also eating low carbs so dont know if it qas the low carb eating or a combination of the two. My stomach was super flat but i was sooo hungry. Anyone had any success??? :/

if you're wondering what it was it was the calorie defecit

doesn't matter how you get there but if you eat fewer calories than you consume you will lose weight

- if you didn't like it then find something that does work but really you just need to stick to your calories
  • kppalmer84
    kppalmer84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you