Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Woman in late40s trying hard to lose weight for a loong time

janaravi
janaravi Posts: 5 Member
Hi , I have been on & Off this site and on mu routine so many times, cannot remember. However this time I think it will be for good. Seeking motivation & Wisdom from this group.

Replies

• Suzley
    Suzley Posts: 58 Member
    Hi there, I have a similar story, this app really works as long as you log everything! I try to be honest even on a bad day - like yesterday's bottle of red! But I am 1000 % better than I was! I have 3 stone more to lose to be in a healthy weight range and I have come to terms with the fact that it. Isn't take a year or longer. But myself in a years time will be so happy to be lighter than myself now!!
    Good luck with your journey, feel free to add me and we'll motivate each other!
  • janaravi
    Thanks Suzley. You have driven the nail home. Being Honest - Accept What is & Put your efforts into what you can Do. If I am persistent, it show as good results. Just need to keep going on with dogged persistence.

Thanks for the boost. This is a great place for keeping records.
  • Mowgli15
    Mowgli15 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, this is my 2nd time too. The last time I lost 24lbs . I had the help of a really motivated partner but this time he's kinda lost the interest in getting healthy so I'd really appreciate some motivation from others and would love to help you along. Hang in there!!
  • janaravi
    24lbs WOW !!! Here's to a Great Second Round.
    being consistent is one of my great problems. I blame it on work, on travel...
    However this site, puts in black & white, Hoping to step up the exercise & cut on the diet.
  • hazelevans1
    hazelevans1 Posts: 26 Member
    hi ,im on my second time around as well, lost 4 and half stone then had some terrible news and started eating for comfort i have put 2 stone back on ,you can add me if you like and we could help each other
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Do you want to lose it bad enough? If so, you will stick to it and do it. If not, then nothing will work. Your mind must be in the right place. I've been logging since Oct 2013. I'm 60 and have lost 94 pounds. It works!
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Started on my journey at age 49. Now 53, I've lost 110 pounds, with about 20 more to go. The things that helped me most were making small changes that soon became good habits, and exercise. It doesn't matter what you do, just get your body moving. It's not easy, but it is so worth it! God bless you on your journey to better health!
  • nichole8605
    nichole8605 Posts: 19 Member
    I have learned after many attempts and being unsuccessful with weight loss that you DO NOT diet! Diet is the forbidden word! I don't deprive myself of the food I like I just eat much less of it. Thermofit by itworks really does work. It's natural and don't make you feel all jittery. But lots of water and walking and you'll be on your way to a thinner you! :-) good luck.