I am 3 months post baby...need motivation

Options
Needing motivation since having my baby girl. Thought I'd be able to nurse...and the pounds would melt away...baby Had different plans

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    what i did was play/exercise with the baby used the baby as resistance and when the baby starts eating real food i would eat a clean diet as well and feed them the same foods. I went for lots of stroller walks too. I did breast feed though and that really helped dropping the weight. they say it burns 500 calories so just count calories and you will be all good.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 months post baby, breastfeeding, and yet to see these pounds melt away! I'd love other mommy motivation buddies.
  • ThePinkPanther83
    ThePinkPanther83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I initially lost some weight while breast feeding, but it soon became too pain to only breast feed, so I also tried bottle feeding on the side, my son seemed to prefer the quicker access ease of bottle feeding and soon gave up the boob, much too my disappointment. So that weight-loss option kinda just went out the window for me lol. In my opinion it's a little harder to get motivated into worrying about yourself and your body/appearance when you have a baby, since in so many cases your child becomes the center of your world and you rather focus on your little one over yourself (I know I did, and still do) but I feel that once you do put in a little more time for yourself and your body/appearance that it helps you to feel a little better about yourself, and feel like a woman again, not just a mother (if that makes sense). Not sure if this helps at all motivation wise since I still occasionally struggle with that myself, just know that you're not alone. :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding doesn't make pounds melt away. Especially with my third, it made me eat everything that wasn't nailed down!

Anyway, my most successful post-pregnancy, I went into labor in great shape for a pregnant woman and walked a mile about 36 hours after the baby was born. It felt great. As long as your stitches are fine for it or you don't have any, there is NOTHING wrong with light exercise that soon.

If you have no injuries, the only thing to avoid are any exercising involving the abs for a while. They need to heal and come back together. That means MOST weights are a bad idea for 3-6 months after (because you heavily engage your abs during weight lifting) as well as many body weight exercises. Too soon for you? If the ligaments down the center of your stomach burn, it's too soon. If they don't, you're good.
  • scarlettsmom2013
    scarlettsmom2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My baby is 9 months and I too am trying to lose the weight. Although I'm not breastfeeding I would love to have more mommy friends. Much to my dismay after baby number 3 the weight doesn't come off as easily as with the first two :(
  • mom2peanuts
    mom2peanuts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone...feels good waking up to this.

Getting ready to go out of town for the weekend for a conference but I'll be logging in!! ☺️ have a great weekend.
  • Danatuckermax
    Danatuckermax Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you. Nearly eight months postpartum and I barely recognize myself in my grad pictures. I REALLY should have gotten on top of this earlier!
  • Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am 2 months postpartum today. I am breastfeeding and pumping at work. Not to mention I am running around all day because I am a nurse. It would be great to have support. Is anyone else cutting there calories down? I am afraid to drop to quickly because I don't want to release toxins into my milk.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I am 2 months postpartum today. I am breastfeeding and pumping at work. Not to mention I am running around all day because I am a nurse. It would be great to have support. Is anyone else cutting there calories down? I am afraid to drop to quickly because I don't want to release toxins into my milk.

You won't release an appreciable amount at any normal, healthy weight loss levels.

Remember, too, you've been losing a LOT of extra fluids you don't need anymore!

(This is where I'd normally go "ARGH! TOXIN TALK AGAIN!" but there are some fat-soluble toxins that you can store that CAN come out in milk. :) )