so i basically pigged out last night

Options
as a treat after compelteing my first year at uni, yay go me =p
i decided to treat myself to a pizza last night i still feel bloated and guilty for it today
im going to pole dancing later which ive never done before but am so exicted to try
how many days will it take to burn off this pizza?
also i still cant see any weightloss apart from my clothes becoming a bit less tight on me i have went down from a 16 to a 12/14 since starting this weightloss in March is it meant to take this long?
Thanks
xxxxxxx

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Don't worry about the pizza... You ate it! It's gone... Just get back to tracking and you'll be fine. You shouldn't feel guilty about eating something... It's life. And food. I'm guessing you don't do it regularly?

Congrats on getting through your first year,whilst losing weight - i started studying again this year (along with working more than full time) and have had many moments of just wanting to dive in to a bag of lollies or cookies, or a tub of icecream!

And you've lost 1-2 dress sizes in a few months. I'd be happy with that! Keep consistent, be patient, and you'll keep heading in the right direction
  • cokefloat1
    cokefloat1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you've been tracking since March balance the pizza out against the last three months of eating less. Not quite so bad now (although I wouldn't recommend it on a regular basis!)?

I started properly at the beginning of this year and lost a stone in the first 4 months but the last 6 weeks has been stuck at the same weight although I'm still slimming down and toning up so not bothered. Personally I don't think people should focus on the scales too much but look at how their body is changing.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Your BMR will do a good job burning off some of those calories. Remember, your body burns calories while active and at rest. There's no need to try to burn off every calorie from the pizza you ate. If you were within your deficit, just do normal activities. If you went over a bit, add in an extra workout. If this is a once in a while occurance for you, enjoy the fact that you ate pizza, keep it logged, and move on to the next day. Try not to worry too much.
  • julielh72
    julielh72 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I took me best part of a year to get from a 16 down to a 10 so you are doing well. As for the pizza....you've eaten it and enjoyed it. There's no need to feel guilty.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it. I ordered a pizza 1 or 2 a month and I get a medium and eat the whole thing by myself.

No shame- no guilt.

You'll feel better after you get a little active- log it and move on- don't worry about "burning it off"
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yep, pizza sounds good :) I've eaten 3 days worth of calories in 1 day a few times over the last 18 months and it never derailed me. Don't even sweat it ! Congrats on the smaller clothes fitting, thats where its at :) That scale isn't the boss of you !
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you should never feel "guilty" about eating food. You really need examine this mind set and ditch it before it leads you to having an unhealthy relationship with food.

Eat it, log it, own it, and move on.

My birthday was last friday and I blew it out with cake, donuts, creme brule and all kinds of good stuff probably 3000 + calorie day …I did not feel guilty at all.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    If you are going to pig out.. At least it was pizza. Pizza is so pig out worthy. Drink your water and take a walk today! The earth will continue to spin:)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yesterday I ate fried chicken. and 2 biscuits, and a cookie and it was wonderful
    today I will do my best to eat a calorie deficit.

often if I know this is going to happen I try to "save" calories during the day so come dinner or company lunch I don't have to worry as much about the calorie intake
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    You will be ok, please don't feel guilty about eating.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Don't feel so bad last week went out withh a friend I hadn't seen in a while ate a bunch of greasy stuff, then chased it with a case of beer. It's not like we do these types of things on a daily basis. Or else that could be quite problematic.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    10 inch pizza about 900 calories. A meal is about 600 calories, you went over maybe 300 calories. Go do a half hour extra cardio and you will be right as rain.