Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

insanity workout? anyone?

Gbemiee
Gbemiee Posts: 18 Member
Has anyone tried the insanity workout, need some motivation. I want to start tomorrow.

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I completed it 3 times in the past 2 years. I still do one Insanity workout a week. Good luck with the program.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2015
    I love insanity! Love Shaun t!
  • mkateweis
    mkateweis Posts: 24 Member
    I finished Insanity 3 times and am in first week of Insanity Max 30. Love Shaun T.
  • Gbemiee
    Wow! Thanks Guys! *fingers crossed*
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    I am planning on doing this after I finish Body Revolution! I have it sitting ready to go! I'm nervous. Good luck!
  • mary786mfp
    mary786mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Yes I love it
  • Xo_c_e_b_xo
    Xo_c_e_b_xo Posts: 70 Member
    I haven't done the insanity package but I've done a few classes at the gym , I really enjoyed it ! Although I struggle with the burpees and press ups as my arms are really weak
  • labronze19
    labronze19 Posts: 2 Member
    I highly recommend the 30 minute, total body insanity workout that was profiled in Men's Health in the beginning of 2015. It's done 3 times a week, leaving you plenty of time to rest up or focus on other fitness related pursuits.
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    I just completed Insanity Max 30 and it is intense and amazing!!! Love this workout!!!! Worth every minute you feel like dying lol
  • maryerline
    maryerline Posts: 72 Member
    Shaun T is the best. I just completed Day 3 and while I take many breaks and am nowhere near as fast/hardcore as they are I love it and always feel like I got a great workout. Even the people in the video take breaks. I can't wait to see how I improve by the end of the program. Add me if you want an Insanity buddy. Good luck!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Insanity: Tried it a couple of times, and got bored with it.......Insanity MAX: 30: Love it
  • Gbemiee
    Thanks guys, this is motivating. I woke with a terrible start but I'm going to start with the fit test this evening. Labronze would check out the 30 minutes work out.
  • Gbemiee
    Ohh I'm adding you all as friends if you don't mind
  • Gbemiee
    Lol thanks Laura
  • Gezabella
    Gezabella Posts: 1 Member
    I'm on week 5 and it's great! I definitely recommend doing it!!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    1 day and 1 week left! I hit a rough patch the last few days with fatigue etc but today I was back on it stronger than ever, so don't be disheartened if you hit a wall at some stage.

Doing T25 next including Gamma, Shaun T is a great motivator.
  • mrsbrwn86
    mrsbrwn86 Posts: 1 Member
    Is there a way to input these workouts into this app? I'm doing the T25 series and would like to have more than just my steps counted if possible. Thanks for the help!!
  • labronze19
    labronze19 Posts: 2 Member
    Here's the link: http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/new-insanity-workout

I also tend to lengthen the time for each exercise, so I'll do 30 seconds instead of 20. I also do as much as I can within the workout to make it more difficult (add more rounds, etc).
  • Gbemiee
    Thanks!. Vintage! Wow you almost done. Mrsbrwn, U could try getting something to monitor calories burned then add them as new exercises.
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    insanity was hard on my knees but was good to me. If you like intense, you'll like it.

I still do it on my cardio days.