Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A year from now you will wish you started today.

Gbemiee
Gbemiee Posts: 18 Member
So I have decided to stop procrastinating and start eating healthier. I tend to go through this phase occasionally and I get super serious then I stop. Hopefully this time I would be able to stick to it!
Lifestyle change!

Replies

• shateradevaughn14
    shateradevaughn14 Posts: 1 Member
    Im right with you
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    You got this. Stick to the 3 keys of fitness: Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. It is important that you find a plan that works for you and find the support to keep you on track. Feel free to add me.
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    It takes time for it to stick, but once you get your Lifestyle change wheel rollin', you won't want to stop! keep going!!!! :)
  • Gbemiee
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Your headline also applies to lifting. Just from my own experience, and many others I've read here, most people wish they had started lifting when they started their weight loss journey instead of waiting until they had lost the weight and decided to start "toning".
  • Gbemiee
    You are right madhater. Did it that way the first time I tried. The next time I got small dumbbells and I noticed a difference. This time I got resistance bands from bodylastics.
  • Gbemiee
    Thanks guys. This is so encouraging. (Can't see the first comment)

• benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    I always had that mind set. Mine was always "I'll start tomorrow." and then tomorrow would arrive and I would make another excuse. I think it's mostly because I would approach this as a "diet" rather than an actual change in my lifestyle. The first thing I had to do was address my relationship with food. Stop eating when my emotions would get to me. Stop eating when I was bored and so on. I just take things in steps and I don't focus so much on the scale. I'm just working on things slowly.
  • mooo92
    mooo92 Posts: 39 Member
    I think a good quote to follow on OP is that "we can't live on potential for the rest of our lives". Sometimes we just need to go out there and do it.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Sometimes it takes a wake up call. A health scare, etc. Lucky you, not waiting for that.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    I had that epiphany recently; I was doing my workout, and it was really hard that day. I finished up, and while I was stretching out I thought "Man, am I ever glad I started last year; I would have never been able to get through that if I hadn't." The thought just kinda floored me.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    So true

Maybe you can bump this thread next year!
  • Radory
    Radory Posts: 35 Member
    Quick question, newbie here. You wish you had started lifting? What am I missing?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Radory wrote: »
    Quick question, newbie here. You wish you had started lifting? What am I missing?

Lifting weights, some form of resistance training, progressive load lifting program, lifting heavy.
  • Radory
    Radory Posts: 35 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Lifting weights, some form of resistance training, progressive load lifting program, lifting heavy.

Ahhh, so toning your upper body AS you loose instead of AFTER? I'm 20 pounds into my journey with 100+ to go, so trying to soak up all the info and tips I can. Thank you @SezxyStef!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    As I started last Summer , then I dont think so. A year from now I will hope I kept going.

Focus and solve why you stop, lest it repeats itself.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

Ahhh, so toning your upper body AS you loose instead of AFTER? I'm 20 pounds into my journey with 100+ to go, so trying to soak up all the info and tips I can. Thank you @SezxyStef!

not just upper body...I started lifting 2 months in and wished I had started earlier...I had been doing resistance training but heavy lifting is great...

and yes I have since lost the rest of the weight and am getting leaner as we speak...I weigh 149lb @ 5 ft 7 and wear a size 4.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

This illustrates it best.
  • Gbemiee

not just upper body...I started lifting 2 months in and wished I had started earlier...I had been doing resistance training but heavy lifting is great...

and yes I have since lost the rest of the weight and am getting leaner as we speak...I weigh 149lb @ 5 ft 7 and wear a size 4.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

This illustrates it best.

Good job!
  • Gbemiee
    mooo92 wrote: »
    I think a good quote to follow on OP is that "we can't live on potential for the rest of our lives". Sometimes we just need to go out there and do it.

Yeah! Just do it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I am almost exactly a year from then

And it rocks

So yes! Do it!