Errmm.. Hi people! I'm super new...

Options
Hi people! I'm new.. and yeah.. Wow, I haven't gone on a diet in like.. 5 maybe 6 years. Eek. I need help and support though, I just can't ever get motivated. I want to try and lose weight because a couple weeks ago when me and my fiance were walking to our car in the Wal-Mart parking lot someone yelled out to me, "DAMN! That's a fat b--ch!" And I kind of wanted to cry. My fiance of course got mad, but I just told him to let it go. Really, I'm not even that big looking, seriously. I am short and a little stout but still.. people can be so insensitive. I used to be good at watching what I ate and stuff.. but since I got engaged I just got really comfortable, know what I mean? So, people, please help me feel and look good. :D

Replies

• MissMalice
    Options
    Hi people! I'm new.. and yeah.. Wow, I haven't gone on a diet in like.. 5 maybe 6 years. Eek. I need help and support though, I just can't ever get motivated. I want to try and lose weight because a couple weeks ago when me and my fiance were walking to our car in the Wal-Mart parking lot someone yelled out to me, "DAMN! That's a fat b--ch!" And I kind of wanted to cry. My fiance of course got mad, but I just told him to let it go. Really, I'm not even that big looking, seriously. I am short and a little stout but still.. people can be so insensitive. I used to be good at watching what I ate and stuff.. but since I got engaged I just got really comfortable, know what I mean? So, people, please help me feel and look good. :D
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

I got the same way when I got engaged, but now my husband is deployed overseas for a year and I am all about getting my old body back :)

Just make sure you log everything you eat, drink as much water as possible, and eat any exercise calories you earn! I have been doing all of these things, and have lost 13 lbs since Nov when I joined!

You will meet some helpful and inspiring people here, I can assure you! :wink:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! You will enjoy this site! The people here are awesome and very informative!!! If you ever want to chat I am here to talk to. You can do this so never give up! I understand where you are coming from too. I have so been there and am still there but I am now making a change. Good luck!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome.
    Some people can be awfully cruel, can't they?! :mad: I'm sorry someone made that crack about you!
    I know just what you mean about getting "comfortable" Between husbands I got down to a size 8, but, shortly after getting remarried, the weight started packing on again, and before I knew it, I had some size 18's which were getting too tight! I had a thyroid problem, so I was blaming it on that, but, after joining MFP, the weight started coming right off! It's NOT a diet though, it's a "lifestyle change". I hear the word diet and right away think that I'm going to be deprived of all the "goodies" in life! But, that's NOT the way it is here. I've learned that I CAN have "goodies" now and then, I just have to "work" for them with watching my numbers and getting in some exercise. And by exercise, I'm not talking about shelling out money to go sweat it out at a gym. I do a lot of walking when the weather permits, and I also dance to a fast oldies CD, which can be done no matter what the weather. It's fun, and I can watch tv too, so I'm never bored.
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • cheryl1999
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too and people can be stupid!!! I get the " when is your baby due?" all the time and I don't even have any kids. So hopefully we can get through this together!