Any College Students Here?

Options
Yeah, like it says, I'm a college student. Actually I am in my early thirties and returning to school to finish a 4-year degree and then a masters. I do a lot of homework and don't get out much. When I do, I like to eat out. This is something that I am working on so that I can eat food from home (cheaper and easier for me to control). Also, I am looking at alternative options when I eat out that have less carbs. Anyone tried the Taco Bell Drive Thru Diet?

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am a wife and mother of 4 working full time and going to school full time online working on my Masters degree. My husband is also working full time and going to school full time working on his Masters. I cook healthy, nutricious meals every night and make sure there is some left over for him and the kids for lunch the next day. We both get plenty of sleep, have 4.0 GPAs and MAKE the time to work out at least 3 times a week lifting heavy. I don't know about a Taco Bell diet but I can't imagine all that sodium would be healthy. Do you have a Subway or Quiznos nearby?

motivational-tacobell.jpg
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am a recent grad and returning to work on my masters in the fall. In my senior year of college, we all joked that it should be called the senior 15 instead of the freshman 15. We were all SO busy, SO stressed and SO over it, lots of us gained weight. But I have always been a planner, I pre plan and pack my meals for the day, including lunch breakfast and two snacks for in between. It really is as you mentioned in your post both healthier and cheaper. It really only takes a few hours out of your weekend and you're set, all you do is grab and go. There are some days I'm not home for 10 hours but I am better at resisting the temptation because I'm prepared.

I can't speak to any taco bell diet, but there are healthy options available at fast food restaurants....
  • katieca123
    katieca123 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm also a college student. Senior year biology major. After that I'm trying to get into med school. Feel free to add me.
  • laryssalynch15
    laryssalynch15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a recent "graduate", I'm taking my last two classes this summer. I'm a traditional college student (went to college directly after high school), and my mom is a non-traditional or continuing studies student (returning later in life). I've been working two part time jobs as a full time student for the past four years. My mom has been working full time, studying part time, and raising my teenaged siblings. It's super hard to stay healthy with the academic demands of college, whether it's your first time or you're a returning student. Feel free to add me. And good luck!