6 Months & 30 lbs Ago

Options
I have struggled with my weight since my early 20s, mainly due to a very unhappy marriage and the fact that I'm an emotional eater (oh and it really didn't help that for most of my 20s & some of my 30s I was a manager at McDonalds!). In 2004 I found a lump on my neck that changed my life forever! Not knowing exactly what was wrong with me caused me to do a lot of thinking & reflecting on what is truly important in life. And I decided that my daughters' happiness and well being along with my own were what mattered most to me, so, I made some changes! I decided that life is to short and too precious to be unhappy, so, I left my unhappy marriage and never looked back! Now thank God that lump on my neck wasn't cancer, but I always say that things happen for a reason, that nothing is an accident, so I believe that lump on my neck was my wake up call! I was probably about 160+ pounds the day I walked out the door, and the weight seemed to start coming off! Then later that year I was blessed to get back in touch with my high school sweetheart. And it 2005, we were married! I continued to lose weight, and was feeling pretty good about myself! I mean after having our daughter, I was smaller than I had been in over 11 years or so. Then I lost my mom in 2009 & the emotional eating began again! And boy did it catch u with me again!
So, six months ago I started my weight loss journey. I was 151 pounds and not very happy with myself. I started counting calories on my own and lost about 20 pounds, then in January I found MFP and it has given me the support and motivation that I needed to get to my final goal and then some! I love MFP and tell all my friends who are struggling about it! Without it I wouldn't be where I am and I know that MFP will be just as helpful at helping me maintain my healthy lifestyle and weight! THANKS to MFP and all the wonderful people on this site that offer so much support and motivation! You all are WONDERFUL!

This is me in the summer of 2010

2ef5mab.jpgThis is me yesterday-down 30 pounds & I'm the same size as the day I met my husband when I was a freshman in high school!  How cool is that?!200tyy8.jpg[img][/img]

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!