Anyone else doing P90??

Options
Just started P90 (not P90x) and looking for support. I am seriously hoping the first week is the hardest. I took my measurements and decided I dislike the tape even more than the scale. It is turning out to be much harder that this former couch potato expected it to be. I will push through to end. Any words of wisdom form those P90 grads I have seen on the site or any else going through this journey. I could use some supportive friends. Thanks! =)

Replies

• pdxwarrior
    pdxwarrior Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey LBeez, congrats on choosing P90! I went through most of this last summer. I'll be honest, I didn't completely finish, I teetered out shortly after the 60 day mark. To be honest, I think a good reason that I didn't complete it was that summer rolled around and between being outdoors and work, I sort of ran out of steam.

Seriously though, do not let this discourage you! I had great results with P90 (yes, P90 not P90X) and it really helped to get my workout goals started! Some days are certainly tougher than others, but they really do get easier over time. Depending on how you feel, you do not have to follow the daily schedule exactly. For instance, the program has two discs. About halfway though the routine (day 45ish) you are supposed to switch to the second set of discs to up your workouts. If you get there and feel you aren't ready, you can continue to use the first set. (I really like this about the Beachbody stuff - you can tailor it to fit your needs and your fitness levels) The point is that you're working out, you're doing something! The second set has a few new moves, but some of it is doing doubles of the exercises you do in the first set.

Measurements are key - remember that! Standing on a scale tells your weight, but measurements show progress! Sometimes you might even be a little heavier on the scale and it's okay, because the numbers will show you the progress you've made. Also, be sure to take before, during and after photos. Even if you keep them private, it tells you an amazing story. You might not even notice the physical changes of your body until you start reviewing the photos.

Keep us posted on your results and let me know if there's anything I can answer for you!

-pdxwarrior
  • LBeez
    LBeez Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks pdxwarrior! Thanks for the messages and link to the thread!