Stuck at the same weight for 1½ month :(

Options
Hi all

What am i doing wrong?

I started exercising in november 2014. At that time i weighed 174kg (383 pounds), I'm 1,95 meters(6 feet and 4.77 inches) tall.
I said goodbye to all soda, candy, chips and cakes, and began working out 3 times a week (20 mins of cycling ~18mph, and 40 minutes of weightlifting).
Around april 20th I hit 146kg(321 pounds), but ever since then my weight hasnt moved :(

This month I started counting calories and usually get around 1600 calories per day, sometimes more, sometimes less.
I added 20-30 mins of running to my "off"-days, so I am now exercising 5 times a week. But still my weight remains the same :(

Please someone tell me what im doing wrong!?

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Let me break this down. So you're saying you are 6 ft 4", you weight 321 lbs and have for the last 6 weeks, you work out 5 days a week but you only consume 1600 calories a day? Does that about sum it up? If that is the case, you're not logging accurately. Even at 2000 calories a day, you should be losing. I would re-evaluate your logs and triple check that you're entering your food and excersize accurately.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    FedeHippo wrote: »
    Hi all

What am i doing wrong?

I started exercising in november 2014. At that time i weighed 174kg (383 pounds), I'm 1,95 meters(6 feet and 4.77 inches) tall.
    I said goodbye to all soda, candy, chips and cakes, and began working out 3 times a week (20 mins of cycling ~18mph, and 40 minutes of weightlifting).
    Around april 20th I hit 146kg(321 pounds), but ever since then my weight hasnt moved :(

This month I started counting calories and usually get around 1600 calories per day, sometimes more, sometimes less.
    I added 20-30 mins of running to my "off"-days, so I am now exercising 5 times a week. But still my weight remains the same :(

Please someone tell me what im doing wrong!?

My guess...inaccurately counting your calories.

A 31 year old male weighing 321 lbs would easily lose a lot of weight if he were truly eating 1600 calories
  • FedeHippo
    FedeHippo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I swear I am weighing and entering everything I put in my mouth
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Do you do cheat days ever? How well do you adhere to your diet? That sounds like it would be very difficult at that calorie level, exercise, and weight.
  • FedeHippo
    Options
    The only significant weightloss i have had was at the beginning of the month when i bought my own scaleinstead of using the one at the gym. And i started weighing myself naked at home instead with clothes at the gym. So those 4kgs are probably caused my the difference in scales and clothes
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    FedeHippo wrote: »
    I swear I am weighing and entering everything I put in my mouth
    Then you need to talk to a doctor.

I'm 6'9", was 335, and the pounds were pouring off me at over 2000 calories a day when I started. I did go as low as 1600, but that was at about 250 and that was as low as I ever went because it just wasn't enough food for my lifting, especially. I'm at 224 now and still losing at 2500 a day.
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food when you count calories? Even tracking oils and condiments you use while cooking? Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Then double check the diary entries you are using.
    Opening you diary might help.
    Some database entries that people have entered are way off.
  • FedeHippo
    Options
    My diary should be public now. I have no cheat days. Except the last weekend of May i had one last cheat-weekend before *kitten* got serious