Last years results 254 to 203.

Options
RobertDupuy
RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
Last year, I got sick of my weight gain that had built up over the course of 15 years approximately.

I radically altered my diet for good. I stopped eating all meat, including fish and eggs. I stopped drinking milk. It's almost a vegan diet except I do have some dairy, like yogurt.

I have always jogged, but I started back regularly, although, in 2014 it was still not really serious.

I gave up foods with flour, gluten, added sugar as well.

What really motivated me, was controlling my food, which had been out of control before.

in 2015, I have only maintained the weight and the diet. In other words, same foods in my diet, but so far this year I haven't created a calorie deficit so my weight has remained the same. 206 to be exact. But my jogging has gotten serious, I now do about 20 miles per week and I am interested in doubling that. I do 5ks at about 10 min/mile pace and I want that to be 8 minutes a mile.

In distance running carrying around extra fat is a disadvantage. So now I am creating a calorie deficit again and going through another period of weight loss.

My mother died in her early sixties, she was morbidly obese. She died shortly after weight loss surgery. I don't attribute it to the surgery, her obesity caused so many health problems, she was seriously sick. One of the tricks she tried to lose weight over the years was phen-phen. her heart was in seriously bad shape... I say this to reveal my perspective. To me obesity is bad anyway, clothes don't fit, exercise is hard, but it's even a death sentence.

Ok, so last year I went from category "obese" to category "over weight". I used to go to Walmart and get in the health machine and it would red flag me on both weight BMI and blood pressure. Now I get yellow flagged on both. my blood pressure is an almost healthy 110/82. To green flag that 82 has to drop to 80 or less. My BMI is now 29, to green flag that has to drop to be in the range 25-18.5 .

I am restarting calorie deficits..with a goal to go to normal weight and green lights all around on the Walmart machine :)

Replies

• RobertDupuy
    Options
    p5z14ghu8mg8.jpg
  • RobertDupuy
    Options
    here is a picture of me, it was an attempt at being artsy, I purposely made the second photo lighter to exaggerate the differences. First photo was 254 lbs, second about 205. I still need to lose 50 lbs! The fat is packed in densely around my organs....that's bad, they say...but the main thing is, need to drop it to help my 5k times improve.
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Strong work!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Great work. You are looking fab
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great Job. Keep it up.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Dcioby73
    Dcioby73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great work, no way do you have another 50 to lose. Maybe 20.
  • cootason
    cootason Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Excellent work thanks for sharing your success ;)
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done you've done great work so far, i love it that your focus is on green flags for your health!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done!!!
  • RobertDupuy
    Options
    Thanks all! According to the charts normal bmi for me equates to a range of 135lbs to 175 lbs. as of today, I am 205 so..... 30 lbs to leave the category "overweight"....but no need to be at the upper end. 50 lbs would put me in the center of the range. Anyhow, so heard about this term "onederland" today. Love it. Nice mini goal coming up.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You look great!

You should know, though, that for losing weight, all you really need to do is create a calorie deficit. In other words, you can eat all kinds of foods and still lose weight. So, unless you have a strong moral-type point of view (like some people are vegetarians because they don't think it's right to eat animals, etc) on the types of foods you eat, you can cut yourself some slack there.
  • RobertDupuy
    Options
    Thanks! I saw your post and I wanted to say I agree with you about the calorie deficit being key. And it may seem strange to be vegetarian without the moral objections
  • RobertDupuy
    Options
    Hmmm didn't put all my post ugh.... On iPhone can't re type lol
  • RobertDupuy
    Options
    I figured it out, it cuts off when I use an emoticon. Ok, so was going to say, so I wanted to be in control of my diet. So what would I use this control to do? :smiley: We'll take blueberries, an article in scientific American said foods like blueberries which are rich in flavonoids might improve memory. I do control my diet... So I can tell you exactly what I used the control for.... I went mad drunk on the power!!!! I basically inserted every superfood into my diet...
  • RobertDupuy
    Options
    I figured it out, it cuts off when I use an emoticon. Ok, so was going to say, so I wanted to be in control of my diet. So what would I use this control to do? :smiley: We'll take blueberries, an article in scientific American said foods like blueberries which are rich in flavonoids might improve memory. I do control my diet... So I can tell you exactly what I used the control for.... I went mad drunk on the power!!!! I basically inserted every superfood into my diet...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!