nothing on the top but a bucket and a mop And an illustrated

Options
Hi all

I've been stuck at a certain weight for a few weeks now - a plateau if you will.
Is that normal? Does everyone get that, or am I a bit irregular?

I'm 14 stone dead on, which is ~89kg, 6ft 1 and like many here, in a sedantry job i.e. sat in front of a computer all day. I've made some good weight loss already - dropping my calorific intake to 1800 plus exercise really worked for a while.
I go to the gym twice a week where I'm doing interval running on the treadmill (last night 6km in 35 mins) plus 20 mins on the cross trainer, sometimes cycling for 15 mins and then some weights to finish - it takes between an hour and an hour 20 total I guess. Then at the weekend I do at least 1 (sometimes 2 if I can get out Friday too) runs around the block, which is now about 5.6km.

So.. I'm exercising, and eating less. Of course I have some days where I eat more than I should but try to keep that to 1 day a week, and tie it in with exercise so at least my total calories in vs out still has some spare.

Do I really need to quit the odd night out to get below 14 st? Or is there something that means a few weeks at this plateau and then I will start to lose more again?

I guess I'd like to lose another stone really so still got some way to go.

thanks to anyone that reads this drivel, and double thanks to all that can post a reply.

best,
Dave
UK

Replies

• lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you've plateau'd. But I am loving your Nirvana reference :P x
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    ... book about birds - or Meat Puppets....

Change up your work outs - change up your food.
    Add more lifting - more cardio - different lifting - different cardio.
    throw your body a curve ball
  • dbendelow
    dbendelow Posts: 27
    Options
    Im the same, i lost 2 stone quite easy just by cutting down and being more active, but the last 4 weeks i have hardly lost 1 lb, and im eating rabbit food and exercsing more i just cant grasp why i cant get rid of my last stone.....

I feel ya pain Dave.

Im thinking of joining slimming world tonight my give that a try to see if a different approach kicks starts the weight loss again. :)

good luck
  • dbeamish
    dbeamish Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks guys - apparently there is a character limit in the subject field :)

Interesting ideas about changing the work out. Can it really be that simple? I'm still building stamina/pace so I want to keep running as I'm seeing improvements there. Maybe I could do some rowing instead of the cross trainer or something.

Food - I'm pretty varied to be honest. Different evening meals every night, relatively different lunches. Breakfast is generally museli or toast tho.
  • dbeamish
    Options
    ok interesting - seen a few other people in this situation so at least I know its not jsut me. I am debating reducing the calories further and changing the exercises at the gym.
    See how I go really after the next week as then I think it will be 3 weeks stuck a tthe same weight.

thanks!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I've been stuck at a certain weight for a few weeks now - a plateau if you will.
    Is that normal? Does everyone get that, or am I a bit irregular?

I'm 14 stone dead on, which is ~89kg, 6ft 1 and like many here, in a sedantry job i.e. sat in front of a computer all day. I've made some good weight loss already - dropping my calorific intake to 1800 plus exercise really worked for a while.
    I go to the gym twice a week where I'm doing interval running on the treadmill (last night 6km in 35 mins) plus 20 mins on the cross trainer, sometimes cycling for 15 mins and then some weights to finish - it takes between an hour and an hour 20 total I guess. Then at the weekend I do at least 1 (sometimes 2 if I can get out Friday too) runs around the block, which is now about 5.6km.

So.. I'm exercising, and eating less. Of course I have some days where I eat more than I should but try to keep that to 1 day a week, and tie it in with exercise so at least my total calories in vs out still has some spare.

Do I really need to quit the odd night out to get below 14 st? Or is there something that means a few weeks at this plateau and then I will start to lose more again?

I guess I'd like to lose another stone really so still got some way to go.

thanks to anyone that reads this drivel, and double thanks to all that can post a reply.

best,
    Dave
    UK

are you eating back your exercise calories?

Have a read of the link in my signature....
  • dbeamish
    Options
    thanks - sometimes I don't at all, sometimes I do, sometimes I eat a little more (!) but generally I'll eat back "some" of the exercise cals.