Decided to start counting calories...

Never been one to pay attention to details with nutrition. However, I have been weight training for 2yrs and although my strength gains are on point I am coming off of a bulking stage and find it hard to cut. Pretty much it comes down to the laziness of counting cals. Just grasping onto different ideas to get better shredded.

Replies

• getright150
    getright150 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi I'm Nikki to me it easier to keep up with things when u count calories.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    counting calories has helped me make better eating decisions. do I want that brownie or that banana. I don't have time to work off that brownie and it doesn't fit in my calories budget. so banana it is.

however, sometimes the brownie wins.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    It's well worth the hassle. It does get easier, as you use it. You'll find that you tend to eat the same stuff on a regular basis, so once you've logged it, MFP remembers.

It's the only way I was able to drop the last 10 pounds.
  • casamezza
    casamezza Posts: 1 Member
    hi ..i'm back to mfp after a year..find i need some control over my food choices...it's a no brainer once you have realised the cal content of the food and how much gym time is needed to maintain an equilibrium..i seem to eat the wrong stuff when down or upset...mood seems to set the stage so am very aware of that now..if i feel i'm going to weaken i drag the dog around the block or get busy..also these forums are great..anonomous like my own private therapist...keep it up guys .
  • Ms_Jojo
    Ms_Jojo Posts: 44 Member
    I've always been useless at cals but I've been on MFP for 9days and I'm getting quite good at it!
  • birdsongj05iah87
    birdsongj05iah87 Posts: 8 Member
    Yeah I've heard good reviews. Hope to see some progress. Just find that I'm to busy half the time to focus on what I consume. Plus I gotta eat lol
  • birdsongj05iah87
    Hi I'm Nikki to me it easier to keep up with things when u count calories.
    True that. Plan to start. Thanks
  • birdsongj05iah87
    Thanks everyone I plan to give it a go! Hope the best for you all aswell.