Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bloating

Does anyone have any tips on bloating? It doesn't matter what or when I eat I always have bloating after. I've stopped eating until I'm completely stuffed, but I just can't get past this!! It's so frustrating because I feel uncomfortable after every meal

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Assuming it's not some sort of food intolerance, how about eating really, really slowly? Take tiny bites and chew a lot.

Sometimes it takes me an hour to drink a smoothie.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    What do you eat?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Could be any number of things.

Excess sodium/not enough water
    Food intolerance
    too many beans
  • JasmineBottoms
    JasmineBottoms Posts: 7 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Assuming it's not some sort of food intolerance, how about eating really, really slowly? Take tiny bites and chew a lot.

Sometimes it takes me an hour to drink a smoothie.

Ok I realized I am fast eater so I will
    Try that I didn't think about that
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Eating slowly really helps. Sometimes you're gobbling up extra air as you're eating and that will definitely make you feel uncomfortable. I've learned to put my fork down between bites and really chew my food.
  • JasmineBottoms
    JasmineBottoms Posts: 7 Member
    angellll12 wrote: »
    What do you eat?

Well today for example for breakfast I had yogurt and oatmeal with bananas and for lunch I had salmon with whole grain noodles and baked veggies I had green tea before and after lunch but other than that I typically drink water or Gatorade during the day
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    well yogurt bloats me. actually any dairy does, especially milk. I stick to almond milk and very few dairy products. wheat products also bloat me, so I stay away from that too.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Drink more water.

Unrelated to bloating: Why the gatorade?