Hello from London

Options
I accidentally posted this in the 'Getting Started' forum at first, apologies for the double post!

I've signed up to the forum to get to know people who are facing a similar battle, and to share ideas on how we can all help each other. I've been trying to battle my weight on my own for my entire life it seems - now is the time for change, and you good people are my inspiration. Some of the things I've seen on here are incredible, and I just hope I can be among those success stories myself one day.

A bit about me - I'm 27 years old, and I'm from London, England. I work in software sales for a US organization, which I love as it has allowed me to see the world but it isn't the most 'active' job as far as exercise goes.

I've always been a big person, but it has really spiraled in the last few years. It still pains me to hear old friends see me and say "what happened?" or "you never used to be this big did you?"

I'm 339 pounds and I want to lose 100+. We do things by 'stones' here in the UK, and I'm aiming for 17 stone, which is 238 lbs and a 101 lbs loss in total.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the challenge and starting a new, healthier chapter in life.

Thank you
Tom

Replies

• Ms_Jojo
    Ms_Jojo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This is a great place to be to reach your goal, I've been here 9 days and I'm feeling great it's given me a huge but helpful kick up the butt! :)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hello & good luck :) MFP is great, just commit to it :) you can add me for motivation if you want! Just a warning: my food diary is half in English, half in French! :blush:
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm from London too! Feel free to add me for motivation and support.
  • DALENEWELL
    DALENEWELL Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was near your weight: 333 lbs and I lost somewhere near 55 lbs but life happens and I gained much of it back. That was back in 2012. I have just restarted 1 week ago and I am already feeling results. A big part for me is getting exercise. A good brisk walk makes me feel so much better and my BP is the best when I have been walking. MFP works!!! Please feel free to add me.
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Gemma and I am from Southampton! Feel free to add me for motivation and support! That goes for any of you :)